Republican Runs Street People on Green Ticket?

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/07/us/politics/07candidates.html?no_interstitial

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 12:59 PM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Grly, if a Democrat was recruiting street people to run on a TEA Party ticket against a Republican, what would you say?

It says to me that this particular "Republican operative" doesn't have enough faith in his own ticket, so he's trying to stack the deck. What kind of message is that to send to the voters?

Answer by gdiamante at 1:26 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• wow. It could totally backfire and split their own vote.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:10 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Just another example of a system that is in disrepair. And people wonder why so many are apathetic.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 1:14 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• How does voting for a person who doesn't even have an address, let alone political experience, any better for the state than a known entity? Isn't the goal to elect people with some knowledge or skill to contribute? Talk about frying pan to fire scenario- what a lousy game for the citizens of AZ; the choice of bad or worse.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 1:24 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Grly- it's not about empowering the "street people." There are appropriate programs for that-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 1:26 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• gdiamante, I don't see the Tea party as an officially recognized party. I think those who believed in the tea party in the post TARP/Stimulus rallies, would see through 'street' people who were recruited by another party. I have faith in the American people to wake up and demand more. Maybe this stunt will be a good thing. Wake up people to be mad and demand MORE... Wake up 'street' people to want to do MORE...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:30 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

I didn't say that is why this guy recruited them... I was commenting on the article states they appear to be emboldened.  If OP had a more specific question, she should have asked. 

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:32 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• What kind of message is that to send to the voters?

Maybe it will piss off the voters to wake them up to demand more... Across the board.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:35 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I remember more than one poster who expressed disdain for the Michigan Tea Party, started by a frat boy democrat to split the republican vote. Interesting...

In any case i L-O-V-E dirty politics. If people are too dumb to know about the individual they are voting for then they deserve to get screwed.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 1:50 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• You answered 6 times ..you seem to be more concerned with me...

ROFL.. And 4 of those involved the article in the OP... How many of your responses to me are to discuss SUBSTANCE and specifics about the article ??? ROFL.... You are lacking....

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:58 PM on Sep. 7, 2010