Is your local area football crazy?

are you too?

Our area is nuts over football, but we don't care about it but we just play along like "Yeah Go team...." care less about the team :) But its like sacriledge if you don't like football around here.

Zoeyis

Asked by Zoeyis at 1:03 PM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Are you my neighbor? lol! I remember actually getting flack from people for working on the Superbowl one year... I'm from Pittsburgh, these people eat, breath and sleep football... Game day is awesome for the rest of us because there is no traffic, and no line anywhere - on the other hand, just about every family owned business closes for the game so it's a trade off... Not being a fan around here is worse than being a child molester... Sad but true...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:08 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• yeah,Packers' Cheeseheads!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:04 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Yes, especially at the high school level.
    AdrianaS

Answer by AdrianaS at 1:04 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Very. Most people are Oakland Raiders fans, and wear their team proudly. The one team the majority seem to agree on is the Fresno State Bulldogs.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:05 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Oh yes! We live in central Texas and everything is about football and cheerleading this time of year. It is the same with other sports too.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 1:07 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I think they are football fans. But I don't see it being the "rage" that it is in other areas of the country. I think the biggest, most talked about, football game every year around here is the "Civil War" game between the Ducks and the Beavers. So on a level college football would be the biggest football draw around here. Now there is a big deal made about that particular game every year..lol

In my neighborhood though.. I see more: hockey fans, basketball fans, and soccer fans.. in my area.. Lacrosse is starting to take off as well.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 1:07 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Yes on all levels, little leauge, high school, college, and NFL. I live in the midwest, huge football fans here. My oldest son played in high school and I loved it! My LO's are not old enough yet but when they are, I hope they play!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:07 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Our whole block is this huge fan base for BYU cougars, utah. But my husband & I cheer for UofU Utes. lol! (BYU & UofU are the biggest rivals here)
    So our neighbors have the blue decor & flags up, & we fly a giant red flag. haha! Its fun though. :)
    Ellie19

Answer by Ellie19 at 1:08 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Yes, mainly for the high school football games though our household is football crazy for any kind of football!
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 1:08 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Yes! And I like football, but the only time I was really crazy for it, was when my son was playing peewee football.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 1:10 PM on Sep. 7, 2010