Do you think playdates help with kids speaking faster?

I wish i knew some other moms in louisville ky. He like never gets to play with other kids since he isnt in daycare. He is 2 and isnt really talking. Its driving me crazy!!

giovannismom19

Asked by giovannismom19 at 1:11 PM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• No and yes, Playdates are great to learn sharing, communication with other children and all that good stuff. Just talk to him more, and no binki sometimes people use the binki and it stops them from talking at least most parts of the day... Point out things like pot, can, eventually he will say it. Cookie.... If you have been doing that, then speak to the pediatrician...

Check your local library-they usually have story time for that age, and it is great for mommy time-meeting other moms. and parks to create playdates and mommy time... :) Good luck...
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 1:26 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I think that him being around other children would help him out a little. Maybe check into your library. Ours has tot time and other programs for children and moms.
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 1:14 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• No. My granddaughter has been in daycare since she was an infant. She's 2 1/2 now and she's still not talking, understandably. She didn't attempt to speak until she turned two.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:13 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• No, I don't. My firstborn was around adults almost exclusively up until he was 18 months old. He not only spoke early but he spoke two languages.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 1:13 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• nope, mine still had trouble till he was 3, Had to do with fluid in his ears, not cuz of other kids or an inability to learn words, etc
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 1:14 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Yes it helps
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 1:15 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• It never helped my child. She needed speech therapy. Yes it can help some children. But the main thing they need is a parent(s) that are constantly talking to them and trying to get them to repeat the words too. Also some kids speech does not pop out till right after 2 yrs old. When my oldest was 2 1/12 and still not adding new words. Her Dr knew it was time to put her in speech.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 1:15 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• No, mine was only with me and spoke WAY above average. By 2, he spoke like an adult.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:17 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• If it did then my daughter should be speaking great by now. She's 3 and doesn't speak understandably yet. She's always around other children. The only thing she picks up is things the kids do not what they say.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:17 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• We are also trying to teach him spanish because his papi speaks spanishas well so i figured that could take a bit longer.
    giovannismom19

Comment by giovannismom19 (original poster) at 1:19 PM on Sep. 7, 2010