To have another baby

I have been very firm with every one I know that I do not want another child. Here recently I have been thinking about having another one. My only child is 7months old. I was thinking that my daughter would want some one to relate to growing up. I just don't know if I can handle any more.
Can any one relate? Any advice?

Charma7

Asked by Charma7 at 11:35 PM on Oct. 13, 2008 in General Parenting

• I will tell you right now...Please wait!!!! I have 3 boys and it is very hard!!! 6 mths after I had my first son I got pregnant with my second. And it is so hard. They are 3 and 4 now, and they fight like crazy. And they copy everything the other does (good and bad)! I don't know how girls are but boys are very energetic and when you have 2 or 3 being like that it gets pretty tough! So, I will just tell you to really think about it.
    ProudMommie87

Answer by ProudMommie87 at 11:39 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I have a 20 month old and I can relate. I was starting to get the urge for more right around then too and it has not gone away. I do really want a new born again and go through pregnancy again. But my daughter is a spit fire and well she gets so much of mine and my DH's attention already. I just think about those frazzled days and can see myself sobbing as I know there will be moments of not coping.
    But other mom's out there are doing it and some are doing it 12,17 times over. I think these woman are crazy and why in the hell do the duggers need 18 kids for?
    Ok well of track there a bit, but I guess we do not know until we try and then if we a fortunate and blessed to have another we would find away to manage. Like I'm doing with My girl now is time in. works so much better than time out, she would scream and scream. no she plays happily when I focus on her for a few minutes.
    jennapowell

Answer by jennapowell at 11:42 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I know my husband wants another one. I feel kinda obligated. I don't know. I love my daughter, and I want her and my husband to be happy but I know that having another one won't make me happy. I do know that these first 7 months with her have been stressful to say the least.

Charma7

Answer by Charma7 at 11:48 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• i have a friend who had theirs close together (the first 2 are 18m apart then 3rd about 18m from the last and she is 10 and she is 2mth pg again)and i dont know how she does it without going insane. i thought i was done after my second but my mom talked me out of my tubal and good thing cause now i have my girl :D. i did get fixed after her only because im soo high risk. my 2 older are 2 yrs apart and then my dd 3 yr younger than my 2nd .part of me wish i would of spaced them out more and or at least waited till the older was potty trained . so some serious thinking is required b4 you decide
    Anonymous

• My daughter is two and a half. I've been very very stern on "no more children" I get my baby phases... but I haven't been pushed to having another one yet. I'm only 24 and another one after my two year old isn't in the near future.
    alaskaice

Answer by alaskaice at 12:13 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• It feels good to know I am not the big evil person for not want to have any more kids. I just can't handle it. As it is we are getting maybe 3hrs sleep a night with this one.. Thank you guys all of your answers were wonderful.
    Charma7

Answer by Charma7 at 8:32 AM on Oct. 14, 2008