are you able to cloth diaper and have a child in daycare?

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 1:16 PM on Sep. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• When I worked in a center, we had parents who put a cloth diaper inside a disposable diaper.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 5:22 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Some will allow it, some won't. check with your local daycare.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:17 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I do in home daycare, and I cloth diaper my own baby, so yes I allow it. I do have two kids that come over in cloth diapers. I don't wash their diapers they go into a wet pail with a lid that locks provided by mom and dad. My daughters diapers go into a separate wet pail with a locking lid. The wet pails are labeled.
    lady-J-Rock

Answer by lady-J-Rock at 1:37 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• At a center, I would think not.. in-home you might find someone willing and able to do it.
    AMsMommy212

Answer by AMsMommy212 at 1:17 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I've never found a center to do it but some at home daycares may do it.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:18 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Day care Centers will usually not allow it. In home might, if you explain and work with them about it. :)
    HeatherReneeB

Answer by HeatherReneeB at 1:20 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• there are no licensing regulations preventing it, so it is up to the policy of the individual provider
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 1:21 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I know that a few day care centers will do it, but they are few and far between. I watch a little boy and the parents main concern was finding a sitter willing to do cloth diapers.
    Courtney610

Answer by Courtney610 at 1:22 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I wonder if using a diaper liner would make the difference. Then the center could dispose of the liner just as they do disposable diapers, and put the cloth diaper in a bag to be sent home.

Answer by Bmat at 1:27 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• One center had it in their brochure that they do not, due to the extra work it takes and the higher volume of children. Depends I guess.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:34 PM on Sep. 7, 2010