i missed my period and i took 3 pregnancy test they all came up negative

denver2tampa

Asked by denver2tampa at 1:25 PM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• How many days have you missed your period? You could either not be pregnant. You HCG levels are not high enough.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 1:27 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• A missed period could be caused by lots of things other than pregnancy. Stress,change in diet,change in excercise habits.But if you really think you may be pregnant..wait another week and take another test. If its still negative and still no perdiod, make an appointment with your gyno and ask them to do a blood test for pregnancy. Good Luck. :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:27 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• if it doesnt show up in a week go see a doctor don't the home test. Also have you changed birth control recently? it could also be as Kimberlyinberea said stress, change in diet, excercise and all that.
    butterfly3206

Answer by butterfly3206 at 1:36 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Missing a period is not necessarily an indication of pregnancy. It really depends on the person and how your cycle works. See when I was a week late, I knew something was up because at that point in my life I was never late, so I took a test and it came back positive. However your test came back negative, so are you showing any signs of early pregnancy? Overtired, upset stomach, slight cramping in the tummy? If the answer is yes, then you may have to see a doctor to verify your pregnant. If the answer is no, then I suggest waiting to see if either your period is just late, or if you miss yet another one. If you miss another one, then you should definitely see a doctor. Good luck : )
    Rosesandlilys

Answer by Rosesandlilys at 2:05 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• The others are right. You can be late for reasons other than pregnancy such as stress, a recent illness, drastic weight change. Do you have any other symptoms like sore nipples? Doctors say not to even suspect pregnancy unless you're over 10 days late.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 3:10 PM on Sep. 7, 2010