Daycare provider spanking kids?

i have a 2 yr old.. she's 2, she does what 2 year olds do like having an accident. she had one today and her daycare provider decided that she needed a spanking. i may spank at her, but rarely make contact and when i do end up crying. i need to know if i should give the woman another try or let it go. she seems to be a reasonable person, and the other parents allow her(WHY I WILL NEVER KNOW) to spank. i wrote an amendment to our contract, and can find another daycare. i know that is is SUPER illegal for her to spank period, but i can't understand her logic when i SPECIFICALLY TOLD HER AND WROTE IN MY CONTRACT THAT MY CHILDREN ARE NOT TO BE SPANKED. and i nuts for wanting to choke her and wanting to keep my kids in a decent center until now?

mommabrown3

Asked by mommabrown3 at 11:43 PM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Oh hell no..
    I'd kick her ass!
    Anonymous

• No she shouldn't and as you know it's illegal for her to do....she needs to be reported.
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 11:48 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Your child care provider should NOT be spanking your toddler! Her spanking is bad enough, but spanking because a 2 year old had an accident???? Find a new care provider asap.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 11:50 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• No, and it really bothers me that this is done and condoned by other parents? Totally wrong! This woman should not be watching children if she can spank a two year old? Find another care provider, this one is all wrong. I tend to think, if she's spanking a two year old for having an accident, what would she do if the child broke something? That scares me to no end.

hibicent

Answer by hibicent at 11:58 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• ok first of all the only person that should spank is the very person who carried that child and pushed her into the world (or had her yanked out into the world via c-section). My daycare provider I had 2 yrs ago when my son was 2 yrs old admitted to spanking and using a squirt bottle!! No contract in the world was going to make me go back!! Since then I cannot TRUST another PROVIDER!! Each child has ONE SHOT at a happy childhood why give them bad memories of a bad daycare person? because of a contract or something else. BTW I gave up a high paying job that I absolutly loved!!! because I will not ever have someone else decide how to discipline my child.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:09 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I would punch her in the face!!! if it's in contract that she is not allowed to spank you should sue her for all the money she has, then you won't have to work and can stay at home! problem solved!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I have swatted my son's behind before, but I would never spank someone else's kid. I don't feel that's right because they have their own way of disciplining their own kids. That daycare provider is in the wrong and you should find a new one.
    Pollymom

Answer by Pollymom at 12:14 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• thats just wrong i may have patted my son on the bottem b4 but for something serious.. not for having a accident.. that my dear is child abuse and she needs to be reported... she should not be hitting anyones child she is there to protect them not scare them...

just think its spanking now... what does she do when no one is around
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 6:23 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I would be furious. Me and dh are the only ones allowed to spank our daughter. (She is 13 months, so its nothing we have done yet. Shes too little and wouldn't understand.) Your provider has no right to spank your child, especially if you told her not to. I would find another provider for sure. I would be worried about what else she does.
    amp83

Answer by amp83 at 9:37 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I would not only take my DD out of her daycare, but would call child protective services and have her up on charges....either that or I would have to show her what a beating really is.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 10:03 AM on Oct. 14, 2008