...cheater

so my fiance and i met last year and fell so much in love. we moved in together a fewmonths later. and let me tell u we were dirt poor. he asked me to marry him a few months after that but couldnt afford a ring. we realized we would never have that wedding so we decided we couldnt wait and tried for a fam instead(not thinking he was fertile as can be) lol low and behold 2 weeks later i was pregnant...then he cheated cuz he freaked out. blah blah blah anyways i finally decided I could nvr forgive him and want to find someone better, but I so young. myy question is how does a girl like me find a guy whos mature enough to handle this situation w/o dating to up there. and how do i deal w/ someone being so close to my daughter who isnt her dad?

SummerMom072208

Asked by SummerMom072208 at 11:50 PM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Relationships

• Tough situation, but good for you for standing up for yourself. Just be patient and pray that the right guy will come along. You will find what you want the moment you stop looking. Don't settle for less than you deserve!
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 1:11 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• It sounds like your life moves at lightning speed! My biggest suggestion for is to slow wayyyyyy down. Don't even date for a little while. Take care of your daughter and find out what you really want. Don't jump into things so quickly. Don't worry, there are plenty of men out there that will love you and your daughter. Just takes things slow and really get to know each other. You'll be happy you did.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 12:01 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Yes what she said wayyyyyy down. Things that last don't as a general rule happen quickly.
    "Good things come to those who wait".
    meme4x

Answer by meme4x at 12:32 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Yes just wait for a man. Don't go on the prowl for one because that messes up your discerning. In order to find a good man just TAKE IT SLOW. Watch his PARENTS (definintly, you can tell alot about a man by his parents) Don't rush in a marriage.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:59 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I agree you need to slow down! Nobody ever said you HAD to have a man by your side to be a good woman! Take care of you and your DD if a man comes along take it SLOW.
    imtheonlysane1

Answer by imtheonlysane1 at 2:06 AM on Oct. 14, 2008