Does anyone else miss your babies being small? But at the same time you are so proud of how they have grown?

I love my kids so much, and it's true what they say about them growing up way too fast! I miss them being small sometimes. I miss the closeness and bonding I felt while breastfeeding, I miss the baby smell, I miss the way they always liked to snuggle, I miss the cute baby face.......And all at the same time, I'm so proud to watch them grow, I gloat every time they learn something new, I love watching them discover and grow, and I am so proud to be a Mom! I can't help but want another, but know that now is not the right time. For now, I'm going to enjoy every moment of my two girls' childhood and make memories to last a lifetime.

Kword

Asked by Kword at 1:37 PM on Sep. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• You're going to make me cry...too late. I can't think about this topic without getting emotional. My my first born will be 14 in October. My middle son just turned 9 and my "baby" is 6. He is still small and cuddly but I know that won't last much longer. I am very proud that they are growing into little men but my heart still breaks that they are no longer babies.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 1:42 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I agree ... my boys are 16 and 12 and as much as I love watching the men they are becoming, I still miss the way they felt when they were little, when they would curl up next to my cheek and I would rub their little head and put them to sleep. I'm lucky I guess because my 12 yr old still lets me do this, this last Saturday night he climbed over on the couch and layed in my lap until I put him to sleep. :)
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 1:43 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Yes, I totally agree. My daugher is only 21 months but agg she is getting so big and talking so much it just breaks my heart lol.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 1:38 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I don't know how I'm going to feel when he's a teenager, but I have to say I enjoy my 2-year-old much more now than when he was a baby. Babies just aren't very entertaining, all they do is sleep, eat, cry, and make dirty diapers, heh. Now that he's running around and talking, he's MUCH more fun!
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 1:44 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• LOL is like I wrote this I am so happy he is growing so fast and he is becoming a great little boy but on the same note I miss his baby days too.
    Alisim

Answer by Alisim at 1:46 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• my daughter is 18.. my sons are 15 and 13.. So yes.. i miss my little babies.... considering my 15 yr old is taller than me...no more sitting in my lap..LOL...
    MzGeorgiaPeach

Answer by MzGeorgiaPeach at 1:49 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• My boys are 18, 21 & 28, and I've loved every stage of their development, from tiny babies, to the young adult men they've become. I am so proud of them, and often in awe of them. I do miss the baby stage when you could just hold them forever, I miss the toddler stage when everything is new. I miss the school ages too.....I guess at this point, I'll just wait for some grandbabies to enjoy, but in the meantime, I'm happy watching who they've become......
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 1:57 PM on Sep. 7, 2010