Childcare

How much do you pay monthly for childcare for your 2 year old?

I would love to hear from people who have both regular childcare, and pre-school.

Please answer especially if you live in the Houston area...

Thanks

LilyandEmmasMom

Asked by LilyandEmmasMom at 1:45 PM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I paid $160 full time weekly in Metro Detroit
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 1:46 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I live in Illinois & I pay $16 per month (with the help of the state)

My oldest goes to kindergarten all day.. so she only goes there after school and I'm usually already there to pick her up & my youngest goes to pre-school for 2 hours Monday-Friday. She is there for the remaining 7 hours.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:46 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I'm in the San Francisco Bay Area, and I pay $200/wk for daycare... But I'm sure things are less expensive elsewhere, heh.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 1:47 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I Live in MN. At a Center its $250 a week plus added fee's 3-4 times a year.
    My son went there for a while but he hated it and shut down emotionally.. he is currently in an in home daycare with a preschool cirriculum and loves it.. its full time and $125 /week.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:48 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• i live in san diego and I pay 40 a month for preschool for my 2 kids. They go to a cdc.
    Keyonsmom

Answer by Keyonsmom at 1:49 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• My 3-year-old is $182 a week at a center (full-time M-F); I think it was $5 to $10 more a week when he was in the younger class. I'm in Fort Worth, and prices here are similar to what I paid when I lived in Houston.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 1:49 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I pay $225 a week for a daycare center that has a learning curriculum. It's expensive, but she loves it there and I think the staff is great, so it's worth it.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 2:15 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I live in Ohio and I pay 190 a week. It doesnt include food. I have to provide all her food.
    navyjen

Answer by navyjen at 4:03 PM on Sep. 7, 2010