Anniversary of my son's death is coming up....

its like this every year I try hard to live my life but once I know its that tiem of year I shut down now my 16 month old trying to cheer me up..what are ways I can grieve but not put my life on hold so my son doesn't feel like he has to make me feel better when that's my job.

butterfly3206

Asked by butterfly3206 at 1:47 PM on Sep. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• I feel like I can't answer matter of factly because I havent experienced your situation.I can not begin to imagine how difficult it is...and how brave you have to be to get through something like that.
    Putting myself in your shoes for just a moment..longer than a moment and I may break down myself.I have to say that it is normal to hurt badly around the time of year of your sons passing.I think its a step forward for you wanting to not put your life on hold. Can you try grief counseling? I think for myself..I would need someone to talk to,just to listen.I would want to rememeber everything and be able to smile,instead of hurt.
    I want to send you a big hug.Saying "hang in there" just doesnt seem like enough.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:53 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I'm so sorry for your loss
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 1:49 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Oh honey.. I am so sorry... I don't even have the words right now *hugs* I think it is important to grieve.. that is something that may never get easier.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:49 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• for his birthday (the one that passed) I took my son to his grave to give him flowers and a card. and my 16 month old blew kisses and said love you brother. but this is the day he died (its ont he 18th) and its not such a happy ocassion so idk what to do >
    butterfly3206

Comment by butterfly3206 (original poster) at 1:50 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I went to a lot of Counseling because I was 17 my school scheduled and made me go every week.
    butterfly3206

Comment by butterfly3206 (original poster) at 1:59 PM on Sep. 7, 2010