Missing her daddy?

My daughter is really starting to miss her dad. He and I are no longer together and he gets her every other weekend and thats it! When she talks to him she tells him that she misses him and she wants to see him, but its doesn't seem to phase him at all. She has cried numerous time over the phone with him and he just asks me "what is wrong with MY daughter?" and I simply say "exactly what she just told you" I miss you daddy!" He does get that 4 days out of a month isn't good enough for her, and he is not trying to do anything to see her any more than that? How do i explain that her daddy does have time for her or that he can't be around her like she wants? It just really upsets me and I don't know what to do!

myasmommy1107

Asked by myasmommy1107 at 1:49 PM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Just answer her questions to which she will understand, my daughters dad is locked up and she knows he was naughty and went to jail and will be home when shes 6, its hard but you just have to go with your gut when telling her, or just say daddys too busy to see you and will come when he can.
    SingleMommy21

Answer by SingleMommy21 at 1:53 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• aw...thats sad. My childs father just moved out b/c we broke up we werent married but she never has said she misses him she is 5 he comes and sees her maybe once a week he will just pop in with his dad (he has a dui so can't drive) and he will only stay maybe 20 mins he never asks to take her anywhere or anything. He really never spent anytime with her when he was here either guess thats why she really don't miss him.
    Shannon706

Answer by Shannon706 at 3:22 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Explain to her that there are times that daddy will be busy at work or doing other things but he will allways love you no matter what. try not to put anything negative into her little mind about daddy just keep it simple for her. they do grow up and the truth will allways come out in the end good luck and i hope this help
    pyrofyterwife

Answer by pyrofyterwife at 4:50 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• How sad. I don't think toddlers fully understand adult problems.
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 8:40 PM on Sep. 10, 2010