What did you do for you child's First Birthday?

I will soon be having my daughter's and I am looking for ideas...recipes-decorations-activities-favors...

LindseysMom08

Asked by LindseysMom08 at 12:01 AM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• since we live in miami, we threw a party at a waterpark for my son's first birthday. although every other kid there had a blast, my son was so exhausted, (since he had been with me all day setting up for the party), he was tired and crnky and didn't want to leave my hip. overall, i think the party went well and i would do it again. oh, and as far as food goes, we had pizza and chips and a lot of water.
    prooouuudmommy

Answer by prooouuudmommy at 12:05 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• We had our daughter's party at home with friends and family (around 15 people total). We turned the entire house into "Pink" everything. I made my first cake; one small one for her and a three layered cake for everyone else (three layers was too much!). I served hummas, babaghanoush, pita chips, crackers, assorted cheeses, salsas, chutneys, carrots, broccoli (one of her favs) and cauliflower.
    rcbrown

Answer by rcbrown at 1:14 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Feel free to add me as a friend if you want! I have some pictures in my journal of stuff we did for Sisikas birthday, and I'd be happy to share my cake recipes that I used for the birthday cake. (3 tiers, 3 flavours) They were a huge hit!!!! :)
    supermama322

Answer by supermama322 at 4:47 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• My son's first b-day we did an under the sea theme. We got big blow up fish balloons and blue streamers to be waves. It was outside and windy, it was perfect.
    My daughter's first b-day was a garden theme. We bought crazy daisy's and put them in vases all around the house.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 1:03 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• We just had our dd party at our church few friends and family 10-15people! Lunch type food and the cake and ice cream.
    Novmeber2006

Answer by Novmeber2006 at 5:11 PM on Oct. 14, 2008