really wishes that church changes their mind about burning the kuran...

my husband is deployed and is over there right now... i dont want anything happening to him as well as every other troop overseas right now. i know muslims burn our flag and bible but do we or should we stoop to their level???

pinkdena

Asked by pinkdena at 1:53 PM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I wish they would not burn it either. I understand they have a right to under the Constitution but I don't want to see anymore soldiers killed over something this egotistically stupid. My hubby is a vet and served in Iraq. I have friends heading for Afghanistan soon. I don't want to see them put in anymore danger.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 6:40 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• No, we shouldn't "stoop to their level", but you should also keep in mind that saying "muslims burn our flag and bible" is also not correct. SOME muslims do, just like SOME so-called christians are acting the same way. There are extremists on both sides, and even though I'm not a fan of religion in general, I believe most muslims AND christians are peaceful people.

I think this whole quoran burning idea is ridiculous, irresponsible, and very un-christian. I hope it won't happen, and I hope regardless of what happens, your husband and all the troops over there will remain safe and sound.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 1:57 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• It's one of those unpopular and stupid things that we can't really stand in the way of, because it represents a greater freedom that soldiers also died for.

Please thank your husband for us (dh and I), and thank you for the sacrifices you make for the country being married to a soldier.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:19 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• If yelling FIRE in a theatre isn't protected because it endangers poeple....WHY IS THIS PROTECTED?

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 2:25 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

_________________________________________________________________________
    that directly and definitely causes an unsafe situation to all involved. This is an unsafe situation based on opinions of what a third party MAY do. We can't legislate peoples actions based on fear of a possible retaliation, or bad event. It's tempting, but eventually all our freedoms will have withered away.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:38 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Terrorists burn our flag and our Bible. Muslims don't....the majority of Muslims are not terrorists.
    We should not allow that church in Florida to burn the Quran...and I worry about the our military too.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 3:12 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I wouldn't stoop and it is terrible that they still insist on doing this. It is their right though. It's a stupid but legal move. Obviously they are not thinking about anything but getting THEIR message out.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 2:23 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Please thank your hubby for his service to our country.
    SophiaofLight

• Ask Farmlady, she says YES

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 1:56 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• i meant to say some burn our flag.. not all...
    pinkdena

Comment by pinkdena (original poster) at 2:13 PM on Sep. 7, 2010