Older Man?

I am 20 years old. I have known this guy for a while, I always thought he was about 25.... he looks about 25 and we have alot in common and we really click and have a good time together... He has never hidden his age from me, its just that I had never asked - but he is 32. I feel awful - but knowing he is that much older than me really makes me wonder if I should still be in this pursuit to a relationship with him. He tells me how much I mean to him - and I really am starting to fall for him. There never would have been a question about me being with him till I found out his real age ... I know age doesnt matter - but that is a BIG difference! Any advice or similiar experience? P.S. He loves my baby. He cooks me food. He owns his own business, car, and house. He is easy to talk to. And the best sex I ever had in my life...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Relationships

• Go get him girl!
    Older men are soooo much more mature!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• BTW, I'm 28. DH is 35 :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• You sound very mature for your age! Just the fact that you care about the social difference says a lot. If he is good to you, you might just be a good fit. It's funny that this would not normally be my answer in this regard, but you just don't strike me as (excuse my expression) a silly kid. So maybe this man see's the same maturity in you, as to why he is attracted. I may get some dirty looks from my age group but oh well, I call it like I see it! Good luck!
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 12:14 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• i'm 24, my bf is 35. He looks about 27, but i knew from the start he was 34 when we met. We have so much in common and i am so glad i met him. I used to think that big of an age difference was grose, but once i met him, i forgot all about it. I don't think you should let him go. He is really into you from the sounds of it and you are into him. You can't help who you fall in love with. You might not be at that point yet, but don't let the age difference ruin a great thing for you. He loves your baby for starters, bells should be dinging in ur head! lol hope all works out. You don't want to always wonder "what if" i'd kept him around. Give it a try!
    abootie

Answer by abootie at 12:20 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• ...sounds like uve already made ur decision. please i started with my finace...well ex now but not bc of age difference, when i was 18. we started out talking over texts and then phones calls. i thought he was 23 cuz he said he was old lol turns out her was 26 turning 27. haha i was omg im so sorry i felt like an ass. we loved ea other a lot and endured the jokes. we even made a few ourselevs. the majority of the time the age difference nvr bothered us cuz we nvr thought about it. if u love him stay with him or ull be kicking urself in the ass later
    SummerMom072208

Answer by SummerMom072208 at 12:20 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• That's all? Pleeze! My DH is 15 years older than me and it was the best decision of my life to marry him! First of all, I am 34 he is 49. Everyone who meets him can't believe he is a day over 35. (He's hot)! (Biased opinion) LOL!! Anywho, if my man looked like an old geezer, forget it. It is a 2nd marriage for both of us and we are coming up on 7 years next month. It hasn't been all gravy, but I wouldn't trade him for the world! 7 years difference is nothing at your age. He sounds like a keeper. I'd snatch him before some "cougar" gets a hold of him! LOL!!!
    goinginsane1

Answer by goinginsane1 at 12:21 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Sorry, I read the numbers wrong. OK 12 years difference. So what! He sounds like a keeper! The other plus......when you start having "issues" when you get older, he will be too old to care! LOL!!
    goinginsane1

Answer by goinginsane1 at 12:23 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I agree you sound mature for your age, shoot you sound mature for his age, the ability to put the emotional thing on hold in order to step back & make a decision based on the facts solely, says you are a WISE WOMAN & MOMMY. Trust your instincts. Be blessed.
    meme4x

Answer by meme4x at 12:24 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I say go for it -12 years is a big difference but if youre happy thats all that matters.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:24 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• My man is older also by much more than yours!! 17 years! Its not about age, its how you guys connect on a PERSONAL level. If that man cares for you and your baby, don't let something silly as age get in the way. A younger man may not know how to please you or be up to your standards.
    1sttimemama777

Answer by 1sttimemama777 at 12:45 AM on Oct. 14, 2008