Would you buy one of his books?

My son is six, and has recently taken to creating his own books. I take three sheets of paper, fold them in half and staple them, so each book has 6 pages. He created four books, Nico and the Lions, Nico and the Killers, Nico in the Stone Age, and Nico in the Sea. Each book follows the same pattern, Nico in whatever setting (jungle, city, stone age, underwater), next page, Nico sees an animal (lion, people, t-rex, shark), next page Nico finds something to fight the animal (axe, bat, giant rock, chain saw), next page Nico killed the animal, last page The End.

The books are mostly just pictures, except for the Title page. Nico got it in his head that he wants to sell his books for $1. He actually talked one of our neighbors into buying one last night. He wants to create more books, and sell them too.

If you saw a child trying to sell his own books like this, would you buy one? Would you keep it, or throw it away?

my2.5boys

Asked by my2.5boys at 1:55 PM on Sep. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• I would! That's so sweet! Someday when he's a famous writer,they'll be worth a fortune!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:56 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Well sure.. If a child is going to take the time to make something like this and sell it.. I would definitely buy one.. & I would keep it for as long as my daughters were interested in it.. then to GoodWill it would go..along with all the other toys they get tired of.lol
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:56 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I have 2 kids so I would buy it and it's only a buck. But since it's paper it's not really durable but it is a really good idea.
    Keyonsmom

Answer by Keyonsmom at 1:57 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• What if he becomes a famous author one day. Wouldn't it be really neat to have one of these early books?
    my2.5boys

Comment by my2.5boys (original poster) at 1:57 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• WOW! Talk about a little business man! And a creative,talented one at that? Yes, I would buy one if I passed a kid up selling his own books for sure. But you know...you can call a publisher and see about them getting bound into real books and sell them for a littl emore and have copies made.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:58 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• happythat would be so cool!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:59 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I would buy it! I would encourage him by adding more words or pages.... Who knows the limits of what he can achieve... children only stop dreaming when we stop believing!
    kamore

Answer by kamore at 1:59 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Well.... I'm really not a big fan of killing animals, so while I admire his creativity, I'm a little disturbed by the subject matter. So no, I probably wouldn't buy them, no. If he changed the subject to something a little less violent, I totally would.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 1:59 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• defiantly!!!
    heartsandskulls

Answer by heartsandskulls at 1:59 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• In idea, I'd buy it. It sounds really cute and my daughter would probably love it. But I wouldn't buy the one where Nico kills the animal, personal preference.
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 2:00 PM on Sep. 7, 2010