Failure to Launch!

I am a SAHM and recently decided to become a SCENTSY Consultant so that I could have sometime outside the house and do something I love.. I haven't been in a month yet but it feels like every party that has gotten booked has been cancelled and I just don't get what I am doing wrong. I am not exactly trying this out for the money but more so for the mommy free time! I love my kids but I need adult interaction from time to time so I thought this would be great but I am at a loss of what I am doing wrong and why I can't host a successful party!

l0v3myg1rl5

Asked by l0v3myg1rl5 at 2:02 PM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Been there,done that.

People just book and then cancel so that the hostess can get booking credits. I would just get a part time job. It is ALOT easier. Good luck.
    AdrianaS

Answer by AdrianaS at 2:06 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I don't get a booking credit though.. and these people know that I am just doing it to get out of the house without feeling like I am not really doing anything.. Stupid people and their inability to keep plans!
    l0v3myg1rl5

Comment by l0v3myg1rl5 (original poster) at 2:10 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I think you would be happier if you just got a regular part time job. I did a simular thing but it was for a cutlery company and it was more trouble than it was worth, now I work a normal part time job and I am very happy
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 2:19 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I know if you go to the Money and Work section you'll get bombarded with reps from various companies saying "join _____ "

Truth is MOST people who join a direct sales company have very little success. They just want to recruit. Candles and tarts are wonderful, but people can't afford to buy them at the direct sales prices. Heck a wonderfully scented jar candle is $3 in craft stores, $1 in dollar stores...thats what the average person can afford. And many times those that want to host have a hard time finding people who actually want to come.

If it's not about the money I'd look for a local mom group. Sites like meetup.com & themommiesnetwork.org have groups with playgroups and just mom events all the time. I LOVE my local group, it's a wonderful groupof ladies and I get out and socialize once a week.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 8:18 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Join some groups for adults, sewing, volleyball, swimming, or yoga. If you like join a book club.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 11:43 PM on Sep. 7, 2010