will running steamy hot water help??

will it help if i run the shower to really hot?? ive been sneezing all day long and now my throat is hurting.. would that help?? :( im miserable lol

KelsoBabeyy

Asked by KelsoBabeyy at 12:27 AM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Health

• gargle with warm salt water, you can even snort it to help with drainage. It sounds like your sinuses are acting up. The hot shower steam may help, but I'd gargle.
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 12:29 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• DO NOT snort the salt water... it can cause you to dehydrate. being pregnant, you will have a consent runny nose. i would get a vaporizer or a humidifier...
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 12:31 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• from babycenter.com

• Steam can temporarily relieve congestion and it's often very soothing. Take a warm shower and hang out for a while afterward in the steamy bathroom. Or moisten a washcloth with hot water, hold it up to your face, and breathe.

• Try saline nose drops or a buffered saline nasal spray, available over the counter at the drugstore. Spritz or drip a bit into each nostril and within five or ten minutes you should be able to blow your nose more easily.

• Use a humidifier or vaporizer to put more moisture into the air and keep it near your head at night. Be sure to follow the cleaning instructions that came with your humidifier. Change the water daily since it can become a breeding ground for bacteria. You'll need to replace the filter often as well.
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 12:40 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• It will help unblock your sinuses if they are clogged. It will help relax you so you will sleep a little better. What can it hurt?
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:43 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• hot shower would work, i drink hot choc, coffee, or tea to help sooth sore throat. and to clear my sinuses hot sauce not much about 1/2 tsp. i know its weird but for me it works
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 12:54 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• If it is sinus you can try the steam shower. The best thing for the congestion is a saline rinse not a spray. It looks like a sports bottle and they come with pre-package saline solution you ad to warm water. There is no stingy and anything like that. It is a little gross but it works.
    For the throat drink plenty of water and either eat lots of vitamin C or take small doses of vitamin C throughout the day; and sleep. Even if it is 20 to 30 mins at a time.
    I personally use listerine to gargle for my sore throats but you could use salt water.
    AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 1:01 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Thanks ladies!! :) i just bought some chicken noodle soup some allergy tea and breathing/congestion hot tea and im going to do the shower and the salt. :) i appreciate your advice aLOT!!! oh and i did a bunch of pepper instead of hot sauce i did pepper in my chicken noodle soup lol its working already!! :) thank you so much!
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 1:26 AM on Oct. 14, 2008