It seems that since I have had my most recent child....

That my hair and face has been really oily....
Did this happen to you?
What did you do to help with it?
I take a showers often but I cant seem to keep the oily feeling out of my hair.
My face I wash it and use astringent but like half an hour later my face is all oily.
I hate it yucky ugg ewww blah lol help with ideas?!

agriffinmom4

Asked by agriffinmom4 at 2:14 PM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• try a clarifying shampoo and a lighter conditioner
    an oil control face wash and lotion made for oily skin... having babies can change your hair and skin... sometimes temporarily, sometimes permanently.
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 2:20 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• my skin has gotten a little worst than before... i just changed cleanser and wash my face more
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 2:15 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• after having kids the condition of my skin and hair have changed alot... my hair gets really oily ( when before i never had that problem at all ) ... and my skin is just different, like more rough no matter how much lotion I use.
    AmericanaQueen

Answer by AmericanaQueen at 2:19 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I have oily skin and hair. I do not use conditioner...if I did I would look like you could fry fries in my hair yuck! As for your skin, use soap for oily skin...be careful of strong astringents because if you strip your face of all oils, it makes you body produce more as a way to keep up.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:42 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• try a clarifying shampoo first. Be sure to massage into the scalp. Apply conditioner to the ends only. You don't need to apply conditioner to the roots. If you still find your hair is oily.. shampoo twice.

As for oily face, try a facial. A facial specialist can diagnosis your skin type and condition and recommend the best facial cleansers for you. Since I can see your face up close I wouldn't feel right recommending a product that could worsen your skin condition if you don't have that type of skin type or condition. But a facial specialist can.

PM me with any other questions... I'm a stylist.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:35 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• please also be sure to use a GOOD shampoo and conditioner..

brands like pantene contain waxes that just coat your hair and add nothing beneficial or healthy to your hair.. a good professional brand from your stylist is typically best.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:37 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Definitely change you skin care regimen to one formulated for oily skin. I had the same problem right after I gave birth I was an oil slick! I use Skinplicity's acne prone for oily skin regimen. I also cary around oil blotter sheets from clinique in my purse when I'm out. So if I start getting a little oily I can go to the bathroom and blot it away!

I use head and shoulders shampoo and conditioner. It sounds weird but I read that it helps with oily scalp and since I switched I've noticed a serious improvement. I used to get greasy hair by the end of the day after showering in the morning! Now I can go a day or two before it's noticable. Good luck!
    Chloeek86

Answer by Chloeek86 at 3:08 PM on Sep. 9, 2010