HOw often did you give your baby a bath?

How many times a week or what do you give your baby a bath?

agriffinmom4

Asked by agriffinmom4 at 2:15 PM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have been told not give it every night because it can dry their skin ... we also live in the desert where the air is drying to the skin anyway. About 1 or 2 X a week give a full bath ... throughout the week I will "spot clean" with a wet wipe.
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 2:17 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Every night
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:15 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• everyday
    dmelyoung

Answer by dmelyoung at 2:16 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• i will every day at least once.... unless baby gets really dirty or sweaty twice
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 2:17 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• well mine are not really babys anymore ( my youngest will be 2 years old in a month ) ... but when they were babys I would bathe them everynight - usually " bird baths" in the sink or with a bowl and washcloth and put alot of lotion ( for when they werent really messy, but just to get them clean and relaxed for bedtime) .... but now they are bigger ( ages almost 2, 4, and 6 years old ) ... and they get a bath or shower eveynight because no matter where we are or what they are doing, they get dirty !
    AmericanaQueen

Answer by AmericanaQueen at 2:17 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• every other night! and in between those days i clean her up with a wipe.
    Jandr082908

Answer by Jandr082908 at 2:22 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• At first, once a week or when they get a little stinky. Bathing every day is really bad for the lipid layer of the skin. After they start toddle butting around, it's every other day, and when they are at full on running around outside all day, I make an assessment every day. We all have very sensitive skin, and two of us are prone to eczema.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:24 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I'm sorry Gal51 spot clean sounds like washing a car!!!!lol!!!!!!!! Anyways for those of us who don't live in the desert,every night is required.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 2:24 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I would give mine a bath everynight to help relax them enough to go to sleep. I used lotion on them all the time as it will help so the skin does not dry out. I would also give a quick sponage bath int he morning to get the urine off them and i always made sure that i used alot of A&D to their bottoms. A good skin barrier to have. This will keep the wetness away from the skin. and would go ahead and relotion all over. It might take a bit of time, but i did ont want them to smell or get sores from the urine in the skin. I still would use the A&D after every diaper change.
    Airforce3mom

Answer by Airforce3mom at 2:29 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Every other night since birth. Unless he needs it more which he sometimes does.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 2:39 PM on Sep. 7, 2010