Would you name your baby Lucifer?

My husband suggested this to me and at first I thought he was joking. but then he got upset when I said I didn't like because he's insisting it's a 'cool name'. So now I feel bad b/c I didn't realize he was serious. Which, it's not an UGLY name... but... we are Roman Catholic... I don't care for the name as far as MY child goes, and I doubt it would go over well with family or at church.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:25 PM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Baby Names

• I'm not religious and I still don't like it.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 2:26 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• lol No it is like those ONE name famous names, like Madonna and Prince. You just know one Lucifer. KWIM? lol
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 2:29 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I don't think you have to be religious to dislike that name... I mean, I don't believe in Santa Claus either, but I still wouldn't name my kid Kris Kringle, know what I mean? I don't see how Lucifer could be associated with ANYTHING positive, period.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 2:30 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I am not a religious person either, and I don't think it is a good name for a child.. He will have some many problems in school...There are other cool names out there Lucifer, not one of them!
    MzGeorgiaPeach

Answer by MzGeorgiaPeach at 2:31 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• There is no way I would.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 2:33 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• No. I'm not particularily religious, and I still wouldn't do it. I just can't imagine a child going through life named Lucifer. I do know about husbands and crazy names--mine was caught up on the name Beowulf for a while. Just keep saying that you don't think it's the right name for your son and hope that eventually he'll move on (or you'll come up with a great name that he'll love way more than Lucifer).
    jilby

Answer by jilby at 2:43 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• H-ll NO!!!! sorry but Lucifer just don't sit well with me
    sherryb1273

Answer by sherryb1273 at 3:12 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• We call our DD Lucy, Lucifer sometimes as a pet name/ term of endearment but I don't actually think I would name my kid that even though it is a nice name. Doesn't it mean "light bringer" or something to that effect?
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 3:15 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• how about hitler LOL sry... ok how about Dameon as a Trade off?
    Trin0714

Answer by Trin0714 at 3:20 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• oh btw about crazy names, my DH picked out Thor!!!! SERIOUSLY!! i settled for the lesser of the 2 "evils" and went w Onyx
    Trin0714

Answer by Trin0714 at 3:23 PM on Sep. 7, 2010