Babies Encyclopedia: How can I save money on formula?

CafeMom Team will be posting Baby Encyclopedia questions in the Babies Category from Tuesday till Friday of this week. For every question you answer, you'll be entered to win one of the $25 Gap Gift Cards that we're giving away each day!

But there's a catch... only "real" answers will be entered to win the $25 Gap Gift Card. If you do not have tested advice or an informed opinion on the topic, please wait to answer the next question. There will be plenty of opportunities to enter the contest.

We are using these questions to create a mom-tested resource for new and expecting parents, so try to use proper grammar, punctuation, and spelling when writing your answers.

Read Official Rules.

CafeMom Team

Asked by CafeMom Team at 2:25 PM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Use the store brand and/or use coupons

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:26 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I used WIC. It was a life saver. Coupons help a bit too. Sometimes doctors also have "free samples" so ask the doc next time ur in if they do.
    Walker101

Answer by Walker101 at 2:28 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Wic, coupons, store brans....even better breast feed if you can!
    sokkamum

Answer by sokkamum at 2:32 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• For some reason, even though I breastfed, Formula companies would send me samples and checks. I would save those for friends that could use them.
    Courtney610

Answer by Courtney610 at 2:32 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Nurse, WIC, store brands, coupons
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:35 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Besides the obvious of nursing your child, you can ask the doctor for samples and coupons, you can sign up on the websites for samples and coupons, shop around, check for sales, and use WIC if you need and qualify for it.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 2:43 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Use store brand and coupons if you don't qualify for WIC. You can get samples through the mail, use store brand and coupons if you don't qualify for WIC
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 2:48 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• breastfeeding will definitely save you money on formula ;)
    kyriesmommy13

Answer by kyriesmommy13 at 2:50 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I always used the coupons manufacturers would send if not I would go to SAM's
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 3:09 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Breastfeed! lol. Really though, don't be afraid of brands like Target brand, they are just as good but much cheaper or go to the brand that you like web site and usually you can sign up for coupons and free samples

Nsbgirl

Answer by Nsbgirl at 4:39 PM on Sep. 7, 2010