What would you do???

let me summarize my relationship first: i'm COMPLETELY miserable. my bf is mentally/verbally/emotionally abusive. BUT.. he's a great dad to my daughter. I thought I was a great mom... til he told me recently that i'm not.

so my question is: would you leave your SO even if it meant giving up your child??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Relationships

• Huh? Why would you have to give up your child????? Please explain that part.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 12:41 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• giving up my child? that's a HELL NO!
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 12:41 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• nope... never you'd have to kill me
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 12:46 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• to hopelessnance:

he won't let me take her with me if i move out. but i'm so miserable with him. i mean.. we have SOOOO much water under the bridge that i'm freakin drowning. we're just far beyond he point of no return and he can't grasp that. he thinks we can still work things out. but i don't want to. but he says i can't have my daughter. so what do i do??? keep my sanity and leave or be miserable and stay??? :(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:47 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• ummm you take her... period.. it's called custody.. there's no reason you can't have joint custody. you don't' have to be married to have a custody hearing
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 12:49 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Get a LAWYER. Get a JOB and get a place to LIVE and tell them he is ABUSIVE. They would probally grant you custody...Sounds like he's using HER as a threat so you WON'T LEAVE.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:50 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• ok, well that would be nice and all if he wasn't a complete psycho. his ex works for the public defender and he's going through a custody battle with her (constantly drunk ass) to get his boys away from her cuz she's abusing them. anyway, he's learning all her psycho tricks so i know he'll pull them on me. and i don't want my daughter to be in the system and in the middle of a nasty battle. i don't want her to go through that :(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:51 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• i've never NOT had a job. and i'm looking for a place to rent. i guess it's the fear he's put in me that's making me give up... ugh... sorry. thanks for your input though, girls :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• good luck sweetie!
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 12:54 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Option C: You leave WITH your daughter. He is just trying to control, scare and manipulate you. Men like him are very insecure and he will say anything to mess your head up. He's convinced you that you are a bad mother? And now he has you believing that he can keep your daughter. You have more power than you think! You plan your escape route and when he's not looking, you GO.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 1:05 AM on Oct. 14, 2008