What would you do if you felt like your mother was in love with your husband? adult content

My mom is so crushing on my man. She has since we've started going together. He's a bit older than me but still younger than my mom.Once, in the beginning we went on a double date and her and I were sitting in the back seat and the two men were in the front.I had confided to her that I had not yet slept with him about a week before.So, while we were sitting in the back seat,she said real loud "I'd fuck him". This was about 4 years ago.She's always flirting with him and doing stuff for him.We were at her house for dinner and she asked y I wasnt making his plate.Its becuz HE doesnt want me to, he always tells me he can do it himself.She copped an attitude like I was being a horrible wife and made his plate for him,babying him and stuff.Last night she made a comment that he should take his shirt off cuz it was hot and she'd liek to see his hairy chest!WTF!I've been laughing but now its really bugging me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:26 PM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• Tell her to knock it off. It's inappropriate and making you uncomfortable. She's your mom, not a street tramp.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:31 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Totally inappropriate and very difficult to address... especially if you have been ignoring it.

I think you should talk to your mom, but in a "giving her the benefit of the doubt" sort of way so you don't make her defensive. Even if from the sound of it, this was not joking I would disarm her by saying "I know you are joking when you say or do XYZ, but it is really uncomfortable for me and MY HUSBAND. You are my MOM so I KNOW you wouldn't do anything, but if it was another woman saying those things then I wouldn't stand for it."

Be prepared for her to turn it on you saying you are too sensitive or denying it completely. Don't loose your point in argument, just say something like "That's possible too, but if you could just watch it." Hopefully this passive address will nip it in the bud.

If NOT and she does it again... then right there in the moment say LOUD so everyone can hear "OKAY, MRS. ROBINSON."
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 2:44 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• You have to give me a moment.

I'm sitting here giggling due to trying to imagine my 70'something year old mother behaving that way.. LOL Just not something I can really wrap my head around.. lmao

Okay... I've composed myself now... . If I were experiencing that. I would just have to flat out tell my mother that her behaviour was inappropriate, I do not like it, I do not find it humurous in the least, I find it completely off setting that my mother would behave that way towads/about her son in law,, and it needs to stop.. and stop now..
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:34 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Tell her to knock it off & that it bothers you a lot. Tell her to grow up and act mature. The things she is saying is juvenile & trashy. I would tell her if she acts that way or says anything derogatory again in your or your guys presence then you will just NOT see her at all. Period. There is no excuse for acting desperate like she does. Time to cut ties if this continues. Not acceptable.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:36 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• If I felt like any woman was hitting on my husband, I would expect him to put her in her place. Should that not happen, we would not be spending any time in that woman's company. A woman has to protect what is rightfully her, and if that includes from her mother, too, then so be it.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:30 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• it would really bother me as well. I swear my mom is crazy in the head.
    Shes doing the same thing that ur mom is to my sisters boyfriend(whose only a few years younger then my mom) and its so sick. Shes doing things that are worse, like "terry terry, take me for a ride on ur motorcycle" and calling him handsome and saying how she needs a man like him...blah!!! gross.
    SunShineMoMM

Answer by SunShineMoMM at 2:32 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I wouldn't be spending time with her at all. That I very inappropriate.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 2:41 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• move far away
    Trin0714

Answer by Trin0714 at 3:12 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• That's really gross. There are "codes" that people live by and of course your mother is completely out of line. The fact that she would ac tually say that she would f*#)@ him tells you everything you ever need to know. I wouldn't talk to her, but would rather put your feelings in a written email. That way you can organize your thoughts and you won't have to "argue" with her. It would even be a good idea to send a poem or other writing that entails what a mom is supposed to be... maybe she'll get the picture. Hope this helps! :)
    carol2m2

Answer by carol2m2 at 3:19 PM on Sep. 7, 2010