Definitely TMI!! Is it possible to get poison ivy on your tongue? adult content

Okay my husband had poison ivy on his hand it there was like a blister on it, which popped yesterday. Well embarrasing as this sounds, last night DH and I were messing around, and I didnt even think about it, but he touched down there before I proceeded to give him a BJ, and I woke up with what I believe is poison ivy on my tounge, lol. Is this possible!?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:26 PM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Health

• Yes, it is possible. I know you can even get poison ivy in your throat if someone burns some of the ivy that is growing on the wood they are burning and you inhale the smoke.
    Ick...that has to be uncomfortable. I'd go to the doctor though...if it spreads down into your throat, you could have some serious issues.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:31 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Yep. To much TMI but yes you can inhale smoke from burning the vines and get it in your lungs.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 2:27 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• laughingOh man!! Yeah,it could be!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:28 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Omg, lol. My husband was like "Yeah right, thats not even possible!!" :( I hope it doesnt spread!!! Is there anything I can do to help it heal quickly????
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:37 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• It is very possible to get the oil spread to many places before you get it washed off. I don't know about a blister popping and getting it from that though. If it does spread into your throat it could cause some major issues. I would call the doctor and see what they say.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 3:21 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• http://www.poisonivycure.net/is-poison-ivy-contagious.html

Okay so I did a google search for you and this says that a weeping blister CANNOT spread poison ivy so I am guessing that is not what your problem is.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 3:25 PM on Sep. 7, 2010