What can I do to his shirts?

Almost all of my dh tshirts have little holes or maybe bigger holes due to being wash in hot water and bleach as time goes by the shirts become weak and tear easily. They r still good shirts except for the holes. he says to just sew them shut. IDK :/

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:27 PM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• I would buy new ones. If you try and sew the old ones there are going to be little puckered places all over his shirts!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 2:30 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I don't sew.. So I just buy new shirts.. lol

If I find a shirt with holes, it gets tossed and I replace it.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:28 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I'd buy him new ones to replace the holey ones.But thats just me..I'm really not one to sew anything,lol
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:29 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Sew them or use them as oil rags in the garage.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 2:38 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• If you have a girl you can make dresses out of them if you sew :)
    Shannon706

Answer by Shannon706 at 3:10 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• he can double up the shirts..... some people buy ripped stuff already its a "fashion" statement
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 2:31 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• sewing them shut makes em look even weirder... you can use cool patches LOL, or a fabric that matches close to it and patch it. but yeah.. cold water wash... and you can use hydrogen peroxide instead of bleach
    Trin0714

Answer by Trin0714 at 3:11 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I repurpose mine and DH's shirts into clothes for the kids and buy new for us. If he really wants you to just sew up the holes I would recommend not just sewing the hole shut as that would leave little puckers all over, but instead cut a patch from a matching or contrasting color and sew it on. If you really want to safe the shirts then stop bleaching them and find an alternative method of cleaning them that isn't so hard on the fibers. if these are just undershirts then I wouldn't worry about the little holes too much though.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 3:20 PM on Sep. 7, 2010