what car insurance company do you use and do you like them?

i got hit and am getting the car fixed by the other guys insurance but my insurance tried to screw me.... ugh im so switching as soon as i can

pinkdena

Asked by pinkdena at 2:28 PM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Money & Work

• Allstate insurance- though to be fair I think it does depend on which Allstate agent you get. You can shop around and the prices to vary a little.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 2:55 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• AAA.yes

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:29 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Farm Bureau, we use them for homeowners, auto, and life policies. I really like them! And they offer multi car & multi policy discounts!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 2:30 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• State Farm, have had them for 15 yrs. Never had a problem.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 2:30 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I use progressive. I hit a deer two years ago, and my rate when up slightly, and then they just dropped it without my asking.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:30 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• SAFE AUTO!!!!
    mommaofemma

Answer by mommaofemma at 2:32 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• USAA. I've had them for 7 years and no complaints. Then again we've been lucky enough to never have been in an accident either.
    Trajik003

Answer by Trajik003 at 2:35 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• State Farm. It is the agent that makes the company.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 2:36 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• i used to have Farmers..and having never had an accident, we only 'used' them in the aftermath of the hailstorm a few years back that demolished the roof/siding of our house. holy cow, complete idiocy in handling our claims/adjustments/payments/etc. then, when we moved, and i sold the house, they wanted to up our car insurance by 20%..still never having claimed an accident with the car.
    i switched to Shelter, who turned out to be a bit cheaper, without the 20% increase. so far..no accidents..so we'll see.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 2:46 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• We have Grainger but haven't really had them long enough to say whether we like them or not. When I was single I had Progressive and they were the best insurance company I ever had. I'm sorry you're having issues with them. About 4 years ago, I got in a fender bender with someone with Safe Auto. It was Safe Auto who was responsible for paying. They are absolutely horrible. Stay clear.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 4:03 PM on Sep. 7, 2010