Is there a couple you love to hang out with but don't enjoy them when their kids are around?

We love hanging out w SO's cousin n his wife. This weekend we spent it w them n their 3 kids in a cabin. After day 3 SO quickly packed r bags n we were out of there. Their kids can b sooooo annoying n the parents argue constantly w each other n da kids!

Vero0724

Asked by Vero0724 at 2:30 PM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• yep there sure are some couples.
    Theres one i wish we could just drop them like a couple of flies but my husband and this guy have been friends for years and years...like it matter!!!
    SunShineMoMM

Answer by SunShineMoMM at 2:36 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Lol Yup That Happens.. I have some friends come over the other night i just wanted to spend time with them drink a little (they were spending the day and night with us ) during the day we made a fun dinner the kids played and when it came to bed time and for my drink to come out there 2 year old wouldnt shut up!!! she cried for hours in her playpen and they just sat on the couch and tuned her out.. ... for HOURS!!! ahh so annoying!! of and they kept leaving there drinks on the coffee table for there two year old to come and knock over on my carpet! i had to keep moving there cups cause they would "forget" two.. they are cool with out the crazy two year old lol..
    SammiGirl07

Answer by SammiGirl07 at 2:37 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Well i did. I was our neighbors that loved just below us in the apartment we just moved into. ( They just moved to a house last month) But the wife and i used to always hang out, and when the husbands would get home from work, we would hang out in the evenings. But i was really getting annoyed with the constant talking and interupting. We could be right in the middle of a conversation, then it would e' hold on, i have to ....." we could never continue on with what it was. Another thing we were having a problem with.. Her 3 yr old, now just turned 4.. will come right up to you and try to correct you on something.. " You can't say that word" it was Gosh.. i really watched on what i said around this family.. Or she would say.. " you must be poor.. you don't have a dress.." They only wore dresses.. For a 3 year old to say that.. made me really uncomfortable. And because i was a dancer when i was small, I was a bad person,
    Airforce3mom

Answer by Airforce3mom at 2:37 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• i am the couple... im a different person if out of the house w my 2 kids, stressed, running around... cuz most houses are not 2 yr old boy proofed, even my moms
    Trin0714

Answer by Trin0714 at 3:09 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• It's better to hang out with other couples with the same aged kids. If you don't have kids, you are probably at a different stage in your lives. When you have your own, it will be completely different! :)
    carol2m2

Answer by carol2m2 at 3:11 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Yeah i think we all have friends like that.
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 8:03 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Yep. My best friend and her husband. They have twins and one is soooo loud and doesnt listen at all. I cant stand it. I had a friend who would bring her kids over and they would destroy my apartment and touch everything, I dont let them come over any more.
    Alexsmom04

Answer by Alexsmom04 at 10:19 PM on Sep. 7, 2010