Do you take anxiety meds? What works best for you?

I take klonopin for night time anxiety. I am wondering if anyone else takes it. Also wanting to know what you take, if you take something different. Thanks

haydenkmomma

Asked by haydenkmomma at 2:31 PM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Health

• Do you have panic attacks? I have anxiety disorder and was on buspirone in high school. The dr wants to try to put me on it again since I've been having panic attacks lately since my mom passed away. I don't think I want to go back on it though. An ER dr gave me some hydroxyzene for when I start to have one that I can't get under control. I like the idea of only taking something when I need it and not all the time so I can learn how to manage and allieviate them on my own. http://www.drugs.com/pro/hydroxyzine-oral-solution.html
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 2:36 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I don't have panic attacks anymore, now that I take the meds. I used to have them frequently and I would never be able to sleep at night and got really bad tension headaches and neck aches. My mind would never shut off and I would constantly worry about stuff and think about everything when I was trying to go to sleep at night. Once I started taking the meds I feel normal again.
    haydenkmomma

Comment by haydenkmomma (original poster) at 2:40 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I am hoping to stop them on my own as sometimes they get better and sometimes they are bad. I think they were triggered by my mom's passing and a very stressful time span in my life and are starting to get better. Did you get heart palpitations with yours?
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 2:42 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• yeah, palpitations.....like i felt my heart was going to bust out of my chest. I would feel dizzy and like I was just going to come unglued.

I do not mind taking meds b/c they make me feel normal. I have thought about weaning off and see if I can live without them but I am afraid I will feel like crap again.
    haydenkmomma

Comment by haydenkmomma (original poster) at 2:44 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I know how you feel. I struggle with whether or not to get on them or not and know from the past that I don't want to start taking the buspirone bc it just made me sleepy all the time and you have to take it three times a day. I don't want to become dependant, but sometimes I would give anything to feel normal again. Sry you have to go through this, but glad to know that I'm not alone. Panic attacks have to be like the worse feeling in the world!
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 2:47 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I am on daily celexa and prn lorazepam (ativan). Honestly the ativan dosen't do as good as it use to. I have built up a tolerance and would like to switch to something else.
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 4:37 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I have Xanax in case of emergencies but for the most part I rely on Yoga,breathing properly,making sure I sleep/eat right.And Therapy twice a month
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 5:59 PM on Sep. 7, 2010