how do you get rid of the pregnancy yearning after your first

economy wise we can't afford another child.We already have one. I am not dumb not gonna do it to myself but how do i get the yearning to go away. I have a IUD so no opps will be happening anytime soon.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:40 AM on Oct. 14, 2008 in General Parenting

• I don't know, girl, but my son is not quite 9 months old and I already find myself missing feeling little kicks & having that pregnant excitement. My husband actually asked me the other night to stop taking my birth control because he wants another one (easy for him to say when he doesn't help with the first one!). Anyway, we can't afford another one right now (or until I finish school in 2 years) either, so I'm just trying to remind myself of the negative parts of pregnancy (extreme morning sickness, etc.) and focus on giving my son all of my attention for now! I know that I want to give Gage a good 3 or 4 years of my exclusive attention, so I just focus on that & hope that the baby fever will subside! Good luck!!!
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 12:54 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• That's just what happen's, it's natural to want another. There's no rushing to have another child, enjoy the one you have now. There's nothing you can really do, I have two girl's and felt that same way after my first. Now I'm going nut's with two and I sort of feel bad I can't give my first all the attention like I used too. After all that I still have that urge to have another, go figure..lol..
    2precious2

Answer by 2precious2 at 12:57 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• My aunt used to borrow us for the weekend when the yearning was too strong. Three kids less than 3 years apart meant she was ready to hand us back when mom turned up.

I felt the same way after my second, and we had the third 20 months later. My husband wanted them close together as he was getting older. Focus on your goals and maybe babysit for a new mommy who needs a break. I think it will help.
    AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 1:48 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I think Aussiemum2 has the right idea. Find some friends who have multiple kids and spend more time with them. It may help you realize how chaotic more children would be right now, or it could give you a "fix" when you need it =) Kudos to you for being so responsible right now, though!!
    KDW211

Answer by KDW211 at 10:19 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I would like to know the answer also. I have a 20 month old girl, named Emma Lynne, and my husband and I were planning to conceive this February, but the economy is going to the dogs and I am worried financially. I already have everything for a little girl and wouldn't be as worried if I could pick another girl, but I do want a boy but then I would have to buy all new clothing ans shoes! Ekk that's expensive!
    hogboglin

Answer by hogboglin at 11:33 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Well I really can't answer that question honestly...but I have 5 kids and let me tell ya, I am SOOOOOOOOO over the baby thing! LOL
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:43 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I've had 3 kids and would love to be able to afford more. My husband wants more but I'm afraid we can't afford it and I'm not sure I could handle another. I feel the baby itch all the time but can't tell my husband because he will hold me to it. If anyone figures out how to disperse the itch please!!!!HELP!!!!!
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 12:51 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Going from 1 to 2 kids is a huge step! Not one to be taken lightly. If you don't mind me asking, How old are you? If your not up against the clock age-wise then I'd say just enjoy the one you have and come back to the Baby idea after you've reached your goals! My kids are 18 months apart and let me tell you- not easy!!!! I'm expecting my 3rd now- the youngest and the baby will be 3 years apart- I learned from my own experience : ) Best of luck !
    litstargazer

Answer by litstargazer at 1:40 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I'm just sad that we have to feel this way at all. Children are precious gifts from God and what He creates, He will provide for when we put our trust in Him. He knows us better than anyone and knows how much we can handle. I believe that God should control the womb, deciding when to open and shut it for babymaking. Be Fruitful and Multiply by Nancy Campbell is a great book for anyone who is curious as to the origins and theory of letting God control the womb.
    Anonymous

• You're kidding?!? I didn't want another one... I wasn't really excited to be pregnant the first time... I love my kids but they were anything but planed... Once I had a baby I was SO not wanting to get pregnant again!!! And yet... I got pregnant 5 months later!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:59 PM on Oct. 14, 2008