Curves (Weightloss center for woman)...

Have you ever been?
What was it like?
Woman of all sizes, or is it one of the places the fit girls go to "hang out"?

(Im 220lbs & want to lose weight, I want a place that i feel comfortable at. And would like to know im walking in somewhere where others will look like me! I dont like typical gyms. The skinny girls just make me want to go sit at a buffet & throw a pitty party! LOL!)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:34 PM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I had a membership a few years ago. I didn't much care for it, I need something with more of a challenge. However as far as beginners go, this is a great place IMPO. The one I went to had mainly women in their late 30's- to early 50's, average to slightly overweight, & several very overweight women. During the time that I went, I witnessed quite a few transformations. The key with any routine is to stick with it & don't give up. Good luck!
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 11:01 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I visited one for a "trial" session. The only other lady that was in there working out at the time was average size. I'm average size as well, but could always tone things up and get more fit!

Answer by missanc at 2:44 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I was a member 4 yrs. ago. You do see woman of all sizes and a few come with buddies. When you sign-up, they weigh you and take your measurements. They periodically check to show your progress and keep you motivated. You do circuit training which are a circle of exercise machine and gaps inbetween to walk or run in place. You are guided by music as to when to move to the next machine. You can repeat the cycle as many times as you want. They do automatic withdrawals & a 1 yr minimum. It got a little boring for me. I think that diet alone to start is key with talking daily walks in the neiborhood. This will let you know if you are serious about doing something about your weight. Then I would join. It helps too if you can get a friend to join you. Yes, you can meet others at Curves but usually everyone is on their own schedule. I hope you find someone there that goes around the same time and on similar days.
    rio88

Answer by rio88 at 3:01 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I was a member about 8 years ago. The one I went to was mostly older women. Personally, I prefer typical gyms.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 3:30 PM on Sep. 7, 2010