Would being preg. make your cavity hurt more....

I have had a cavity for about a year just don't have the money to fix it it never hurts so its fine the past week it has been hurting and I was suppose to start my period yesterday and have not could being preg be the reason it is hurting/

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:35 PM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• maybe, if you;re so already swelling. is your BP in check, or running high, too? i know the last two months of my pregnancy, my carpel-tunnel just about killed me, and the doc said it was due to the over-all swelling i was experiencing (feet, hands, face,etc.).
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 2:38 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Actually it is hurting because the tooth has decay and needs to either be removed or fixed- pregnancy would have nothing to do with it. hurting.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:40 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• oh my goodness I can still remember being pregnant and in pain with 4 infected wisdom teeth. I wouldnt wish that on my worst enemy! Youre probably having swelling which is causing the pain.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 2:42 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Well, I don't know if you're preggo but I do know for a fact that pregnancy does not do good things for your teeth. I had 2 cavities in my back molars and didn't have the money to get them fixed, then I got preggo and they got extremely worse. Your calcium and vitamins in your body are now going to your child and not to other areas of your body where they would normally so it takes away from teeth especially. I would say invest in some ora-gel and make an appt. with your gyno and find out if you are preggo so You can get started on prenatals fast and maybe that will help, but the only way to fix it is to go to the dentist, see if they have a payment plan and don't wait to long because alot of dentists don't like doing work on preggo women. Good Luck with everything. :)

Mom2Dano

Answer by Mom2Dano at 2:44 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• mine hurt alittle... but its just a small one dentist said to take care of after baby is born
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 2:46 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Yes. Because when your pregnant the baby takes calcium from the rest of your body and can cause your teeth to hurt.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 2:55 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Maybe. It is known that pregnancy make dental issues worse. I am 30 weeks pregnant and in horrible pain with my teeth. The baby pulls calcium from your teeth and can make any dental issue worse.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 9:27 PM on Sep. 7, 2010