Has someone ever "stolen your thunder?"

You know, like when you made a huge announcement, then someone else decided that was the right moment to announce even bigger news?

nmmama09

Asked by nmmama09 at 2:36 PM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Never happened to me........BUT I sorta did it to someone once....well at least in their crazy mind I did. My friend got engaged. Her fiance and my boyfriend worked together. My boyfriend proposed to me like a month or two later. he got me the same ring that she had gotten except my ring was 1ct. and hers was only 1/4ct. She got so pissed and talked major trash about me and said I was "stealing her thunder"
    haydenkmomma

Answer by haydenkmomma at 2:38 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Nope. Can't say that has ever happened to me.

I don't think I could/would consider it in that light any way. Someone else having an important announcement would just add more joy to the occasion in my eyes. Not deplete or negate the importance of my announcement.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:40 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I agree, that is a as humanity is always in a pivotal, seasonal, timing. So much is to be learned and to share it at the exact same time is pretty par for the course.
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 2:47 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• My husband proposed to me and gave me my ring. I was so excited about it and we invited our families over to share the news. My sister decided to share they were pregnant and then my fil and who we thought was just a friends shared they got married secretly a few weeks earlier and she showed off her giant rock. My husband and I were glad when they all left. I don't think anyone congratulated us and we were not even surprised by that.  We have very self absorbed relatives. 

momtolucas2002

Answer by momtolucas2002 at 3:12 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• While I didn't get upset about it my brother kind of did this. We were at Thanksgiving dinner and everyone knew my DH and I had been trying to get pregnant since August and I stood up and announced I was pregnant. I noticed him whispering to his girlfriend and the next thing you know he stands up and announces they are pregnant too. We ended up due 3 days apart and the boys were born 2 weeks apart. He said after dinner that they were planning on waiting until Christmas, but since I announced mine he figured they might as well too.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 3:16 PM on Sep. 7, 2010