When will she stop putting everything in her mouth?

My DD is 15 months old and still puts everything in her mouth - and has now started licking things. I understand she needs to explore her world and part of that means tasting things, but how long does this go on? I'd love for her to draw with crayons rather than eating them...

carolyn000

Asked by carolyn000 at 2:37 PM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I don't know my child really never put anything in her mouth my neice on the other hand puts EVERYTHING in her mouth she will chew up a crayon and call my name and say look she is 26 months too
    Shannon706

Answer by Shannon706 at 2:39 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Good luck! Just keep working with her on it and hopefully she will eventually stop. I still catch my 2.5 year old tasting crayons. Yuck! lol.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 2:40 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• She'll stop when she start learning what things are wihout having to taste them first.
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 4:13 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• my dd is 22 months old and she still put's every thing in her mouth! If you wants her to color with crayons just sit beside her and when ever she goes to put it in her mouth then tell her not yucky! and show her she has to color with it! Good Luck!
    mommylisar

Answer by mommylisar at 4:44 PM on Sep. 7, 2010