In upcoming elections~Are you looking for Democrats who distancing themselves from the President?

CBS:"Not only are they running away from President Obama, they're running away from being Democrats in some cases. In some races you actually see the Democratic candidates not really mentioning that they're a Democrat in their campaign ads," Cordes said.

Smith asked his guests to try to identify the source of the discontent: "From your experience on the Hill, have you heard any Democrats in private conversations say, 'You know what? We went down the wrong road. We went after health care. We went after so many other things on the Obama agenda as opposed to, in the end of the day, it's all about creating jobs?'"

"Not only have we heard that, but we've been hearing it for months," said Cordes. "We heard it during the health care debate that dragged on for a year when the economy was so bad; they focused on health care and they focused on financial regulation"

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 2:39 PM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Interesting question. Just as I was getting home this afternoon, I heard an ad for the man running against Mary Bono Mack in Palm Springs. He was never identified by party, only as the former mayor of that city, and the ad went on to blast Bono Mack for her record.

I had to look him up just now to find out he's a Democrat.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:15 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• No, I'm looking for Republicans I feel have good ideas and will follow through with their promises
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 2:42 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Nope I am looking for a republican as well.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 2:42 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Nope... I stand behind my president. But I vote based on what people stand for, not their affiliation. Of course, I have yet to find a Republican who ever stands for what I believe in, heh. No surprise there, I'm sure :P
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 2:46 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Grlygrlz2, nice dig. You don't know what I believe in, so please don't make assumptions. I was trying to stay polite, I'd appreciate it if you could do the same...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 2:54 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I don't really care so much about whether there is a D or an R after the candidates name. But I would NEVER vote for a D who is NOW distancing him/herself from the party/Pres AFTER voting FOR the HCR. That is just too much for any American to swallow. If they are against it NOW, they should have been against it at the time. And if they were too scared of San Fran Nan to vote against her wishes, they don't deserve the seat.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 2:56 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Nope, I'm voting a straight Republican ticket and I never do that. I think it's pathetic that that the Dems are blaming Obama now (tho he did cause a lot of this crap) They have their own minds and if the people at home had issues with the programs that were being pushed through they should have NOT voted for these stupid programs and they would not be in trouble now. It's a cop out because now they are worried about keeping their seats and I don't feel one bit sorry for any of them and I want them out of the Congress and the Senate
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 6:33 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I vote based on the candidate, but tend to lean more towards Republicans.

Answer by missanc at 2:46 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I don't actually trust anyone any more, so don't know who I would favor. I tend to look more at the individual and less at what party is being represented.
    mikesmom65270

Answer by mikesmom65270 at 2:47 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I should have known better even trying to answer this... But yeah, you're right, I'm a damn socialist/communist/marxist/whatever the popular word is right now who wants the government to dictate my life. It's all good.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 3:37 PM on Sep. 7, 2010