wtf?!

so i sold a car seat on craigslist today for 40 bucks...and i come home after i get done with my day out, and check craigslist, and there the car seat is...the people who bought it for 40, brand new, are trying to resell it for 75 dollars, claiming THEY paid 95 for it...BS,..they said they needed it SO bad for their daughter..if they needed it so bad for their freaking daughter, why turn around and sell it?! i'm very upset about it, someone who really needed it could've bought it, instead of someone needing some quick cash...what an ass..sorry, just needed to vent..dh isn't home to for me to talk to..lol

mom_to_kenzie

Asked by mom_to_kenzie at 2:45 PM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Some people are just ridiculous!! It's hard to find anyone nowadays that knows how to keep there word or tell the truth, I would be po'd also. Sorry.
    Mom2Dano

Answer by Mom2Dano at 2:47 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• can you post a comment on there and call them out??? that sucks that maybe someone could have bought it from you who really really needed it. on the other hand, smart of them ....lol, they might make some money off it. OR, they will not be able to sell it (haha)
    haydenkmomma

Answer by haydenkmomma at 2:47 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Sorry about that some people are just like that....feel free to vent anytime. :)
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 2:48 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• That's messed up... But unfortunately, not a whole lot you can do about it at this point.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 2:49 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• thats so not cool....
    Shannon706

Answer by Shannon706 at 2:53 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• How much did you advertise it for? Did they talk you down. At the time were you willing to sell for $40?
    Let it go. It might be the way they make a living? At least they are working at making money.
    Try to think of it that you got the $40 and if they get $75 than it is a win win situation. I am sure that it will not be as easy to sell for $75 as it was for $40. They will probably have to put in more effort and time. They also have the possiblity of not being able to sell it.
    When I have a garage sale probably half the people that come are going to resell. That is their business and their right. If I want to sell something and am willing to take a low price great for them. If I need to get more for something than I have to say that.
    I hope you understand where I am coming from.
    Be happy with what you got and Let them get what they get.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 2:58 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Ok, maybe they were given another one or found a different one they liked better. No, it's not nice for them to lie about the price they paid, but maybe they are quoting new price to have a higher asking price and have more room to negotiate. I purchase things when they are low and resell them through ebay. What if they are selling it to get grocery or diaper money? Since you don't know the reasoning behind the sell, it's better just to let it go.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 3:21 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• We have free enterprise here in the US. People do it all the time. I don't like the lying about it. However, they can do whatever they wish. It's not a huge deal. Maybe they needed the $$$ and saw an opportunity.
    lioness3e

Answer by lioness3e at 6:28 PM on Sep. 7, 2010