my daughter fights sleep so bad! anyone have any advice?

livismumma

Asked by livismumma at 2:50 PM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• How old is your daughter?
    Mom2Dano

Answer by Mom2Dano at 2:51 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• You don't mention how old she is? Have you tried just laying her down? If my 8 week old is in my arms she will wiggle and turn, but if I just lay her in her crib she fusses for about 1-2 minutes and then she goes to sleep.

Answer by missanc at 2:52 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I had a fighter too.. I understand your pain.. he wouldn't sleep minutes at a time - as an infant he had to have what looked like a baby straight jacket and that was the only way he would fall asleep was to be very tightly wrapped up, also slept in his swing from months 5 to 8 - car sleeping was the only time he'd nap without having to CIO - he is turning 3 in Nov and bedtime is still a battle some nights.. GL mommy...!!! I don't have advice, I just barely got through it.>!!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:53 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• She may be gassy/uncomfortable. Maybe you can give her a bath a little before bedtime and give her a warm bottle of milk.
    istealcookies

Answer by istealcookies at 2:53 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• how old is your baby? have you tried nursing her to sleep?

kyriesmommy13

Answer by kyriesmommy13 at 2:55 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• she is 9 months old. she will be almost asleep, eyes closed, laying down, and then pop up on her hands and knees, she isn't fussy about. you can tell she is exhausted, she just doesnt wanna go to sleep.
    livismumma

Comment by livismumma (original poster) at 3:05 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Do you make sure its pitch black? My daughter will fight sleep sometimes and I just put a blanket over her head while I am rocking her ( kinda like if you were breast feeding) and that stops her from being distracted by whats around her. Then when I lay her in her crib put music on and that helps keep her sleeping.
    JacobsMommy05

Answer by JacobsMommy05 at 3:10 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• wow, i will def. try that. never thought of it, thank you.
    livismumma

Comment by livismumma (original poster) at 3:21 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Teething and ear infections can also cause the reaction you are getting.

mama_l

Answer by mama_l at 3:26 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• she is teething very bad at the moment
    livismumma

Comment by livismumma (original poster) at 4:41 PM on Sep. 7, 2010