Should I go to the hospital or wait

I am 33 weeks and have extremely painful edema. The swelling in my lower calves and feet are horrible, you can't even tell I have ankles anymore-also my hands and fingers are swollen, and very painful, not as bad as my feet though. My face is swollen. I can't explain the amount of pain this is causing on top of the fact that everytime I try to sit down I think my knee caps are going to explode. And my pelvic floor is the worst of all-so much pain. My last blood pressure reading was 131/75 which is not horrible. I don't know what to do-I don't want to go to the hospital just for them to tell me to go home take 2 Tylenol and go to bed. I can't sleep with this much pain. What do you think-should I go to the ER or wait it out? (This has been going on for a couple of weeks now)

Ang223

Asked by Ang223 at 12:51 AM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i would go to the er.. better safe than sorry.. your b/p is fine, elevate your feet.. and stay off of them! your almost there! you don't want to have that baby yet!
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 12:53 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I say go. preclampsia is not a good thing and that sounds like what you have or at least are headed towards... GOOD LUCK!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• i think you should go and see what it is
    evelyn334

Answer by evelyn334 at 12:56 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• You need medical help. Go to the ER. This can be life threatening. Think about it this way. Your skin is swelling, what do you think is happening to your internal organs, your brain ect?
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 1:10 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• i would call your ob/gyn and tell them what is going on they might have you come in to see them or they might just send you straight to the hospital better safe than sorry
    teen_mom_89

Answer by teen_mom_89 at 1:27 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Yeah I had preclampsia and had my daughter at 35 weeks, I think y ou should go to be sure....its very important. Your b/p isnt really high, however with preclampsia they want it to be even lower than that, at least my Dr did, so there is no harm in being sure..........
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 1:41 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Go to the Dr to check if everything is ok, Reduce your sodium intake and put your feet up, that helped me, especially limiting my salt intake. I had pitting edema and it was very uncomfortable. I could leave and indentation in my leg that stayed for 15 min or more at times.
    zakityzak

Answer by zakityzak at 2:41 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Definitely go to the ER. Preeclampsia is nothing to mess with. If you don't want to go to the ER, call your doctors answering service and tell them it's urgent and you need a call back. When the OB calls, tell them *everything* that's going on and I'm pretty sure they'll tell you to go to the ER or come into the hospital and they'll meet you. Call right away!
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 4:49 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• yeah u could have had too much salt and it will make u swell up. So read ur food boxes and cans or whatever on how much is in it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Oct. 14, 2008