SAHM (or any moms I guess): do you ever just want to cry because of how unappreciated you are?

I just spent the whole morning cleaning the house. Picked everything up, cleaned the kitchen, cleaned the kids' bathroom, cleaned both kids' rooms, did the dishes, etc. Half way through cleaning the girls' room I just broke down and cried. I try so hard to have a nice house and home and the kids just don't care. They had thrown their stuff everywhere...clothes and toys just shoved in every corner. And that was after they "cleaned" it.
We just moved in so I promised them I'd go through and organize it all so they'd know where stuff went. $10 says that by tomorrow both rooms will be trashed.
My husband isn't any better. His clothes are all over the house and he no longer wants to get up with the baby at night (I'm running on about 3 1/2 hours of sleep right now).
At least the house is clean (or as clean as it can be without a mop).

justanotherjen

Asked by justanotherjen at 2:53 PM on Sep. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• Yes. I do feel like dropping to me knees and crying all the time. Sam as you I want a clean house and it seems as soon as I get it clean the kids ( teenagers) mess it up again... Then comes the times when I am sick, and the kids just amaze me by cleaning and cooking, our when hubby comes home and sees I am tired ,yet supper is done and on the table.. He always tells me it great, ( even when I know its not) ... So it balances out...hang in there.... it will get better..
    MzGeorgiaPeach

Answer by MzGeorgiaPeach at 3:01 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I'm sorry..:( CM appreciates you.. kids don't appreciate til later, its your hubby that needs to step up his game BIG TIME and help you out.. my husband is my biggest supporter.. I work outside the home and still have to do all those chores to do but he tells me thank you all the time and although it doesn't seem like much, it Helps SO much mentally..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:56 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I just got in a big fight with my husband over the weekend about it....I had been holding it in telling myself I'd be ok but it got the best of me....I know he works hard but it's like everyone think I just sit home all day and eat bon bons and it hurts. How do they think the bills are paid, dishes are clean, clothes are clean, food is made....and every other thing I do that they just don't see.....needless to say I'm right there with you...GL and I hope you feel better.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 2:57 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I often want to cry. It's unreasonable for me to expect my 6 year old to appreciate - or even understand - all that I do. Since my husband's death, I work from 6 am til noon, 7 days a week. And then I come home to do all of those things that you described. When my husband was alive, things were so much different - but now it's all up to me. Every day is a struggle, we're barely getting by, and yes, some days the challenge just feels like it's too much. But then I think about all the good things in my life and take a deep breath and refocus and begin again ...
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 3:00 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• yes sometimes I feel this way. Sounds like you could use a little break. You should have a girls' night with some friends or go do something relaxing and/or fun just for you. You deserve it!
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 2:58 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Aww, poor you! That's tough. I'm lucky that I have a lot of help, but yes, it happens. Everyone gets busy and things are taken for granted. I think in a lot of ways the kids wont realize all the things you are doing for them until they have kids of their own, at least I didn't. Hopefully you can tell your husband you had a rough day and he can give you a nice massage to relax you.
    SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 2:59 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Sorry I make my girls clean up there mess. They make it they can clean it up. I will be there to watch and give pointer. It is great way for them to learn to help out. My hubby use to be really bad at cleaning up after himself. But once I decided I am no longer cleaning. He can do it all and see what is like. We would fight about he needs to clean his stuff and help out a bit. Because the girls see him do this and think why should they. Well once her realized it was true. He has been great about helping out and making sure his stuff is clean up. So the girls are good about helping too.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 3:00 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Me too. You need a hug and a few hrs to yourself. I always feel that way especially when I cook dinner and no one wants to eat it.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 3:22 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• http://www.mops.org/page.php?pageid=1693

I JUST started this book entitled "What Every Mom Needs", (MOPS website above) and it talks exactly about that. Feeling like our job is unimportant, unappreciated, no help, little sleep, etc. Yes, I've been there, and no, you are not alone.

doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 3:00 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I guess as the days are getting on , we as wives aren't appreciated like when a waitress gets a tip that couldn't buy a mousetrap.
    We are treated as the way a dog is petted by a man, first home, and then we are supposed to show all the cuteness, and give the paw, shake, wag our tail, and just show so much affection that THEY ARE HOME!! WOOF::: : )))
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 3:01 PM on Sep. 7, 2010