Should the Military even be commenting?

You would think they would just want to go on about their military business. Whats all the delving into politically charged incidents?

Link text

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 2:58 PM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• No they should not be voicing an opinion. This is a CIVILIAN matter, a POLITCALLY charged matter and a CONSTITUTIONALLY protected matter. IMO it is is tacky and I believe a media play. Perhaps everyone would have been better served if the media hadn't given the pastor what he was looking for.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 4:26 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Considering they are putting their lives in danger and this idiot is going to just add fuel to that fire...Yeah, they have aright to comment...Also last I checked, military personel are still AMERICANS...you know free speech does apply to them to.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 3:02 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• yeah my husband is risking his life everyday over there!!! i think the military has every right to open their mouths when it comes to their safety!!!!!
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 3:04 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• This directly affects our soldiers and since they are the reason we all have the freedom to comment, then yes they have the right. My husband risks his life for these idiots and all they are doing is jeopardizing his safety.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 3:17 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Read the link. They have every right to comment . I can see where burning the Quran would cause problems for our Military there. And burning it is just a horribly prejudiced and stupid idea ....I am disgusted with that church. Sickos in Florida. Just about as bad as that other church that is so violently anti-gays, the Westboro church. Prejudiced idiots .
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 3:04 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I should clarify..I think it is tacky and a media play for the church to do this.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 4:27 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Well if they are the one's in danger then yes they deserve to comment
    Like Soniam just because they are military doesnt mean they should have the 1st amendment taken from them.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:03 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Really?? If something that stupid is endangering the troops, then YES they have every right to comment. I would hate to think that something this petty would keep someone's loved one from getting home safely.
    SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 3:06 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• i cant believe you would say those that have died to give you the freedom to sleep safe in your own bed at night should speak up about anything they want too!!!
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 3:07 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• There is a level of "appropriateness" military need to keep in mind when stating their opinion on some political/religious issues. Our military are prepared to defend this nation, fight for freedom.. Such as giving people the freedom to assemble and speak their minds. The line between military and politics is a fine line and subjective to those who say it, those who hear it, and those who are in charge...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:21 PM on Sep. 7, 2010