Has anyone ever made a grape flavored cake?

If you have could you please share how you flavored it? I have some ideas on how to do it I'm just wondering if there is an easier way.

Oh and what icing would you rather have with grape flavor...Creamcheese or butter cream?

OBImomma

Asked by OBImomma at 3:00 PM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Food & Drink

• No, but you could probably do that with jello ... just google jello poke cake and you could make it with any flavor you want.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 3:05 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I haven't, but I've heard you can do it with koolaid. Just mix whatever flavor koolaid into the water you are adding to the cake and then mix it in.

Answer by missanc at 3:07 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• that sounds....very sweet. Like overwhelming sweet. I'd skip the grape frosting and stick with the grape cake.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:09 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Grape Juice. =)
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 3:17 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• If you're looking for a basic leave-in-the-pan cake, I'd go with a poke cake like reply #1 said. Bake a white cake according to directions, make a package of grape jello with less water (I usually use a little over 1/2 cup boiling, and a little over 1/2 cup cold), let cool, poke the cake full of holes, pour the cooled jello over, and refrigerate. Frost with cool whip or frosting.

For something a little fancier, if you're wanting to turn it out to frost all sides, a packet of unsweetened koolaid mixed in might work, like reply #2 said, or using 100% grape juice in place of the water like reply #4 said.

I personally would use a cream cheese frosting (or cool whip, they also have french vanilla cool whip out right now), just because there's a grape salad made wtih cream cheese that's pretty yummy.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 3:26 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Thank's I am actually making cupcakes. I love Jello cake! It's one of my favorites! That was my idea to with cream cheese Icing!
    OBImomma

Comment by OBImomma (original poster) at 3:32 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• If you do poke cake with cupcakes, use the foil liners - paper will soak up the jello, lol!
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 3:34 PM on Sep. 7, 2010