my 13 y old is out of control, was it wrong what i did?

OK so me and Kylle got into it tonite. I went to tell him and my nieces good night my sister is having my nephew right now !!!! and then he says I don't have any jeans mom, so right before I was going to say something, he said and don't you dare say it is my fault, since I am grounded I had no way of knowing. then I was going to walk out of his room, and shut the door, he pulls it back and gets in my face and starts yelling at me. so I pushed him away from me and tried again to shut the door,this time he pushed me back, but he has always been one to push me and push me until he gets me mad at him and then blames it on me. he does this on purpose. what should I do, I have tried everything. Now my husband thinks he should live with another family member and I dont want that. my husband feels that he is playing between us, like against each other, and it is making it hard fo us to work as a team.

kyllesmommy

Asked by kyllesmommy at 12:54 AM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• and we have tried everything,all the talk and punishmen that we can think of.
    kyllesmommy

Answer by kyllesmommy at 12:56 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• have you tried talking? from the sounds of the argument, you just ignored him and tried to shut a door in his face.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:59 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• sound like you need to get on his ass and demnad some respect i dont care how old he is no kid should push their mother
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:00 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• First off, he's at that age. The worst thing you can do at this point is send him to live with another family member. What does that leave him to think? Mom gave up on me? and that would just be the beginning of a long bad road. Is your husband his bio dad? bio or not, maybe he is trying to play you against each other. Either way, as hard as your son may make it, you and your husband NEED to work as a team, for the sake of your family. You can't give up on him now, no one else can love him like his mother, unfortunately it will be a few years of hell until he can fully understand that. Good luck
    GavinsMommii

Answer by GavinsMommii at 1:04 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I did try talking to him,I asked him to set his jeans out and put them by the washer, but I only tried to shut the door because he was yellig at me and I asked him to calm down it wasnt that big of a deal, and that I woudl wash them. But is it isnt his way he lets you know he is mad, and he has old me that plenty of times. that if he doesnt like it, he will yell at me till he gets his way.
    kyllesmommy

Answer by kyllesmommy at 1:06 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• There is two sides to every story, perhaps counsiling outside the home is needed now.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 1:07 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• yeah if he is 13 this has probably been going on for a while, how long has he been able to play you 2 ?? Sound sliek some outside help would be beneficial.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 1:39 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Hormones!!! I don't agree with him pushing and I dont agree with you pushing. Thats not fixing anything. I would ask a professional or maybe his school couselor for some tips to help you communicate better with him. Sit down and talk to him and let him know that you won't respond to abusive behavior in any form and if he needs or wants something then he should come to you calmly and respectfully. Also let him know that if he does this, then you will respect him in return. Set some bounderies for him, but give him his space. Hes at that age where hes going to get distant. I don't think that sending him somewhere else will help anything. He's your son and you and him need to work this out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:49 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Tell him next time he yells or pushes you his ass is off to a juvenile facility. If he keeps on you might have to send him there.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:44 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Sounds like he's a spoiled brat that has gotten use to getting away with everything. ..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:46 AM on Oct. 14, 2008