Strollers .... What do you have? What is your dream stroller?

Baby is outgrowing her car seat (at 5 months) which means we need a new stroller.
What kind of stroller do you have?
What is your dream stroller?
How often do you use your stroller?

bryncalyn

Asked by bryncalyn at 3:12 PM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We got a travel system so when he was real little we could just snap the car seat into the stroller, then when he got bigger he could just ride in the stroller. We still have that stroller, but it's a pain in the ass to take everywhere so we bought a little umbrella stroller for quick trips to the store or wherever and then we lug the big one for days out like to the zoo or somewhere since it has the basket on the bottom where we can throw all our junk. It works for us, we don't need anything fancy for 1 kid.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 3:15 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I think stroller are great, ....just this is something that really needs improvement. The big wheeled ones are nice. But. #$%!!!! $135.00 for a basic big wheeled cart, that is awful high for a family with a budget. So we always had small lightweight cheap ones.

I love to see a stroller that is affordable, and compact and easy to push. All 3 must criteria must be met.
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 3:16 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• The Best stroller I have gotten is the Chicco Cortina. I LOVE it and I have the Maclaren Techno XLR stroller for quick trips. Both are excellent! The Chicco holds TONS of stuff and has a cup holder so we use it for outings like the Zoo & Aquarium. The Maclaren XLR is very wide and comfy and we use it for shopping trips. Both are light and manageable. I also recommend a grocery cart cover for trips to the grocery to prevent any unncessary contact with a germy cart. We have the Floppy Seat and it covers ALL of the cart so there is no contact at all.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:22 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I have a graco quattro duo stroller and carseat travel system. I recently put my daughter in a bigger carseat, the graco myride 65. But I still use my stroller everyday. My travel system was 270 brand new, but it was worth it. The stroller is big, but not too big. It fits through doorways and hallways fine. It is easy to navigate and very convenient. I notice alot of strollers are smaller and flimsy and look cheaply made. Out stroller is durable and holds up well to me throwing it in and out of our minivan. I love the cupholders and the basket underneath that has enough room for diaper bag and shopping bags as well. I dont know about other strollers, but I love mine. I also bought the warranty-which covers wear and tear and was 12 bucks. And will replace the stroller when I have knocked it around so many times. I bought mine at toysrus and am very happy.
    Sillybillymel

Answer by Sillybillymel at 3:28 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• We have a "Baby Trend Sit and Stand" stroller. Which can very well be used for one child as well as it can be used for two. It's been done, because we no longer have a single stroller. People look at you a little funny, but it's great when it's just my toddler with me. He can sit up front or stand in back when he gets restless.

I think the Orbit stroller is the coolest thing, but that price is outrageous!
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:20 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I have two babies so I have a double stroller and use it ALL the time. When my first was young I just used a sling all the time. Now that I have 2 under 2 I have a Phil and Ted stroller and it is SUCH a life saver. It fits in my little car and in stores. The wheels are pretty good in the snow too!
    I HIGHLY recommend them. They are a little pricey, but for a double stroller they are on the cheaper side.
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 4:52 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I have my dream stroller i ended up getting a Bugaboo Frog for practically nothing I use it constantly.And I have a Maclaren too.l
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 5:29 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• i have a graco winnie the pooh one from walmart .i would get one that is light weight and folds up easy .and i would also make sure it is gonna fit in ur trunk
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 9:04 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• We have a travel system but my son out grew that quick. He has an umbrella stroller that we use at the mall and other places. I would just want the same stuff for our next baby
    noahsmommy12908

Answer by noahsmommy12908 at 11:24 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I have twins so I have a double stroller. after trying two of those long kind, which i hated so much, I finally saved up enough to buy a brand new side by side. i got the combi twin sport ex. they make singles though but i LOVE my combi. my boys are ROUGH one year olds and ive had it for about six months and its really great. I used i at least four-five times a week so, we use it A LOT. its really sturdy and its cute and it even folds up small enough to fit in my tiny chevy aveo (hatchback) trunk. which is just beyond tiny.
    also, I have two of those cloth type strollers that I used sometimes. $20 at walmart. great for quick trips. my boys were about 9 months when we started using that kind though.
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 12:59 AM on Sep. 8, 2010