legally responsible??? adult content

recently a teen girl, boyfriends neice was at our home. i told her how things are always stored on computer even though you delete history, dump cookies and browse in private. Well, she went on boyfriends computer found porn and looked at. I was not in room, but her mother now says i showed her porn. I am responsible ?
Not my neice, not my house, not my computer, not what i watched, his computer , he did give her his permission to use computer. His stuff that had been watched by him and then she saw.

thoughts?

(she is almost 17 and far from innocent, but i did not mean for her to see the porn)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:19 PM on Sep. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• If there are any charges that can be pressed, it would be against your boyfriend for letting her drink and smoke. Unless her mom can prove you tied her down, taped her eyes open and showed her the porn, I wouldn't be worried!
    nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 3:43 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• How is there anything "legal" about this? So what she saw some porn. If you sold it to her then I can see a legal issue, but not in this instance with just finding it on the computer.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 3:23 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• That is dumb for her mother to accuse you of showing her porn.... and I doubt there is anyway you can be charged for showing a 17 year old porn .... ( not that you did )
    AmericanaQueen

Answer by AmericanaQueen at 3:23 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• No, youre not responsble for that. He mom is just looking for a scapegoat. I'd shrug my shoulders at the matter and not think twice about it.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:24 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Don't even worry about it. Nothing will become of this.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 3:25 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• wait... your boyfriend's niece saw porn on his computer and the mother is blaming you? If I'm understanding this correctly then in my opinion if anyone is to blame its your boyfriend
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 3:33 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• no

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:21 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• she is threatening to press charges against me!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:23 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• If it's not your house, not your computer, etc. Why would she be threatening YOU?
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 3:31 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• thank you all

this teen girl was in the house i live in
    her uncle drank beer with her
    (they were working on his car together and when she came in for beer, i assumed for him. no, he was letting her drink beer, a few later he came in hoiuse and did a shot with her! and i think they smoked pot togther)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:31 PM on Sep. 7, 2010