Seperate or not to seperate?

How do I know if my marriage is to the point of seperation or divorce? We have not been super close for awhile now. We have been together 8 years married for 3. We have a 13 mo. old. Well I just no longer feel happy. I dont feel like we are in love, but maybe friends. We rarely have sex which is fine by me cause I have no desire to really. I dont look at him and go wow hes hot. Hes not ugly but Im not that attracted to him any more. I feel like he could care less if Im around. Im sure I could not afford to not be with him. But thats no reason to stay together. I can hardley stand him sometimes. Hes slow I swear when I ask it takes him forever to answer. Pretty much everything he does pisses me off. But yet. If I go to bed and hes not there I want him there. Any advise or am I slightly messed up in the head? LOL.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:21 PM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• The best gift you can give your child is a good relationship with their father. Making a stable home with a healthy good environment is what is going to make your 13 month old grow up to be stable and healthy. "Feelings" toward your husband (and really everyone) are fickle. Don't make life decisions based on "feelings." Every guy you're with is going to get on your nerves, ignore you sometimes, be selfish, etc. Your relationship is often what you make of it. Be romantic with HIM, do the things for HIM that you would like. Ask your husband to go to church with you and possibly counseling. Pray and work towards saving your relationship and put it first. Give it everything you have and that way if it somehow ends, you know you did everything possible to keep your family together. Your child will thank you by being a healthy stable adult someday! Hope this helps! :)
    carol2m2

Answer by carol2m2 at 3:31 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• couples' counseling is always an option. I always think you should do everything you can to save a marriage (except in cases of abuse and infidelity)
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 3:26 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Sounds like you guys need to do something to rekindle the flame. I wouldnt leave over it just yet.Talk to him or maybe even just plan something romantic just for the two of you. Try to rememeber the reasons you fell in love with eachother to begin with.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:27 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• You have a small child. This is sorta normal. Don't separate just yet, you can get counselling but it sounds like a w/e away will do the trick...
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 3:31 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Ive wanted to do counnseling he said he will never. We dont have money to go away just the two of us or do anything. I do want to try I just dont know why I dont like him anymore. I wish I knew cause then maybe I could fix it better. I hate hugging kissing and what not. So I dont know how to rekindle this relationship.
    Nikky0803PAG

Answer by Nikky0803PAG at 3:49 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Don't seperate - work harder at being married.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:02 PM on Sep. 7, 2010