My sister in law drives me nuts!!!

She can't do laundry because she is out of fabric softener and low on gas. She has to wait for my brother to come home so he can go fill her car up with gas. Ugh. Is this normal? Its drives me nuts. Can't she do something for herself?

TessaHoney

Asked by TessaHoney at 3:24 PM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• Even if it didn't affect me, it would probably bug me too! My cousin's (who is like a brother to me) wife won't go anywhere without him "because the kids are naughty." Which isn't true, I've spent plenty of time with them and they are fine. She is just lazy.
    nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 3:33 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I wouldn't worry about it unless she's asking you favors

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:25 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• uhh, Why can't she go get her own gas and fabric softener?
    zakityzak

Answer by zakityzak at 3:26 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• if it doesn't bother your brother then why should it bother you?
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 3:26 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Maybe that is the way your brother likes it. Some guys like to be totally in charge. It is their business,why r u letting it bug u??
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 3:26 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• My brother is the exact same way.......he does everything (and I mean everything) around the house while his wife pretends to be super busy........my brother also takes care of their girls. I've stopped letting it bother me because I've realized that my SIL would NEVER be a good housewife (she's too selfish to do anything for someone else) and my brother lets it happen. My nieces are better off having my brother take care of them and the house........he is the best father I know! If your brother lets her do it then there is nothing that you can do about it. If she makes a comment about how he doesn't do enough just say "Really? Everytime I talk to him he seems to be super busy doing the laundry.....cooking.....cleaning (or whatever he's doing)". Eventually she'll get the idea and stop complaining.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 3:39 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Not if he has a hold on the purse strings...
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 3:25 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• He doesn't have a hold on the purse strings. He also works all day, cleans their house, bathes and puts their daughter to bed, and fixes supper. On the weekends he watches their daughter so she can go shopping or rest.
    TessaHoney

Comment by TessaHoney (original poster) at 3:26 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• If it doesnt affect you don't let it bother you. You should tell her "FYI, laundry doesnt need fabric softener to get done"
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:28 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Maybe he is just nice and likes to pamper her
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 3:28 PM on Sep. 7, 2010