Okay..this is an embaressing question but...how many of you have taken a stool softner or laxitive when your due date came close?lol

This is my 3rd pregnancy and with my last two pregnancies..the closer the time came to having the baby, I began to visualize crapping on the table in front of everyone as I was pushing the baby out, LMAO! It is like a nightmare in my head!! I always WANT to take the stool softner or laxitives to make sure I'm all cleaned out but then I begin to fear ..well..what if I do that and then I go into labor earlier than expected..then I would probably most definitley crap while giving birth, lol. I'm demented, I know..but this is a true fear of mine,lol. ANYWAY. So here I am once again.Baby #3. 38 weeks and 5 days.Constipation is setting in like a sore thumb here.I'm thinking..I better not poop in front of everyone, I will die.I need to take some stool softner, I know I do.The longer I wait..the more likely I won't do it! But what if I take it and then I go into labor...its ALL gonna come out for the world to see.Nurses will go

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 3:35 PM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Bahahaha! You poor thing. I completely understand. My worry was not pooping on the table, it was that once I got the epidural that I'd be numb and poop wihout knowing it because I couldn't feel anything. I kept thinking, "What if my family is in the room with me, and without knowing it, I poop all over myself"? LOL! However, I ended up having a scheduled c-section, so I didn't have to worry about pushing or an epidural. I got a spinal block and to my knowledge didn't poop until a couple of days after the surgery, lol. Don't worry, you'll be fine! :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 5:00 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Nearly every mom in the world has pooped while giving birth...let it go woman!!! LOL They have seen it all before. Worry more about your baby and the end result than something the doc will wipe away before you even notice.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:38 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I had those thoughts of going to the bathroom while pushing but I never took anything to clean myself out. Docs and Nurses are used to it...it happens more often than it doesn't dont stress yourself about it.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 3:37 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• LOL I was so afraid I would poop during birth too, but didn't with either. But I had to take colace at the end of both pregnacies, it was worse with my second....sure a month of hospital bed rest in pregnancy prison added to it. I had the worst and I mean worst time passing a bowel movement one day. I was in tears in my hospital gown, I thought I would have to pull that damn cord for the nurse to give me an enema. So glad my hubby wasn't there to see that, I would have never lived it down. I just wanted to dig it out of my ass. It was terrible. The most painful thing I have ever experienced in the area of the butt.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 3:39 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• my system defintaly cleared itself out about an hour after i went into labor each time. i never had to take anything but if you do crap on the table its no big deal. you have a 50/50 chance anyway. my lil sis did.....i dont think she know to this day that she did. they just cleaned it up and took the dirty pad away. and nothing was ever said.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 3:39 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I haven't done that lol. I was induced with my first and I was told I couldn't after 5pm and I went to be induced at 12am and I had her at 12:39pm. So I had nothing in my stomach lol, but they say that they clean it up so fast you have no idea you poop, unless your s/o, husband or whoever is in the room with you tells you lol.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 3:43 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I was afraid of that too but a couple days before I went into labor I just couldn't eat anything so I had nothing to poo
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 3:52 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• home laughing about the lady giving birth that pooped a cow pie in front of everyone.LOL. Did you take stool softener/Laxitives at this point? If so, what was the outcome for you ? LOL...SO TMI..I KNOW!!!!
    kimberlyinberea

Comment by kimberlyinberea (original poster) at 3:36 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• My thought is..the docs and nurses may be used to it..but you know they go home laughing about it. AND...dh isnt used to it..and HE will be watching! EWWWWWWW!!! LOL. I am so childish, I can't help it, lol. Oh well, least I can laugh at myself I guess,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Comment by kimberlyinberea (original poster) at 3:40 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• i take a softener every night (docs orders) it isnt abnormal! now a laxitive is dangerous! by the way they are not at all the smae thign!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 5:41 PM on Sep. 7, 2010