What is the cheapest you can find a hotel at Disneyworld ?

We will be going at the end of next September and I am trying to put the cost together. I was looking at package deals on their website and the cheapest hotels they tell you about are between $82-$174 per night. I know that's cheap for Disney World, but I was just wondering if anyone knows of a cheaper way to stay. Can you stay outside of the park at a hotel? Or not? Or are they even just as much money? If anyone knows anything about staying cheaply(or as cheaply as possible) at Disney World I'd love to hear from you. Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:44 PM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Travel

• staying outside the park is probably cheaper
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:50 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• do you have a friend with a timeshare, we stayed for VERY cheap that way :)
    abbysmom1966

Answer by abbysmom1966 at 3:54 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I'm not sure about recent, but I know that 10 years ago the All Star Resorts on site were almost as cheap as staying outside the park. Also, if you stay on site you used to could get in to the park earlier than they let in "outsiders" - not sure if that's still true or not, but something to check in to? And if you stay on site it's easier to get back to your room for snacks and meals rather than buying food out at the park where it's super expensive!

Answer by missanc at 3:54 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I bought a package through Bass Pro Shops for a 2-day stay at The Fountains Resort for $99.00 total (usually 150-190 per night). We will take a 1 hour tour of the resort and get $100 in Bass Pro Shop gift cards, so I will actually MAKE a dollar! We're going in 3 weeks. There are a lot of deals like this on Ebay if you don't mind taking a risk. Just be sure to read the fine print. You can also check out private home/condo weekly rentals. It might be cheaper if you need more space and you can buy/store food and cook your own meals. GL!
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 3:54 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Try TripRes.com

I put in Sept 25 - Oct 1

Howard Johnston Inn Maingate East Average $29 standard

And it's 2 miles from Disney World

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 3:56 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• We just got back from Disney World. We saw motels outside advertising for about $60 a night.
    How many of you are there?
    We stayed at a timeshare about 1/2 mile from the entrance. Two bedrooms and two baths. Full kitchen and living. Lots of room. If you are interested please private message me and I could possibly help you out.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 3:58 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I know at Disneyland, you can stay outside the park at a cheaper rate and most of the local hotels have free or cheap shuttles that will take you from the hotel to the park and back. I'm sure it's the same way at Disney World and probably even more convenient since it''s a larger park/attraction.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 4:52 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• We have stayed at the Disney Pop Century Resort for $49 a night in the past. The problem for you is that you want to completely plan your vacation in advance, so you may not get as good a deal. We are fortunate enough to be in a position where we can make plans sort of spur of the moment, so when we see a good deal like that we can jump on it. You can get cheap motel rooms if you stay off grounds, but keep in mind that most of those are kind of icky. Also factor in the cost of parking.....at $15 a day, if you stay on Disney grounds you get free parking at the parks or even free transportation if you want it.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 7:23 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Are you military or DOD?
    Ittgal

Answer by Ittgal at 6:11 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Even though you might pay more, staying in a Disney resort is way more convenient, they do free busing to and from the parks. They do have a camp ground where you can rent a cabin for pretty cheap, definitely cheaper than a hotel. They have fun activities like s'mores and watching Disney movies on a big screen at night. We've never done that but are looking into it as an option for the trip we're planning in 2013.
    So_Blessed7

Answer by So_Blessed7 at 1:07 AM on Sep. 9, 2010