looking for good non-faith based books on tween daughters, emphasis on recent divorce great too!

My daughter is starting 4th grade and is 9.5. Had a tough summer with a week at a sleep away camp and was miserable. Her dad and I have had seperate homes for a year now and divorce just finalized. She is fnally opening up to us but I am not sure what to say back to her and need guidance on how to help on this journey. thanks in advance!

abbysmom1966

Asked by abbysmom1966 at 3:53 PM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• "Chicken Soup For The Pre-Teen Soul" (And others) would be a really great series to introduce her to. Even introduce to yourself. I do believe the authors are of Christian based faith, but it doesn't come through in their books that aren't religion based. I used to read the "Chicken Soup" books when I was younger and found some really helpful guidence in there. There are different ones for different situations and there are hundreds of selections. I would really suggest that for your daughter and even yourself.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 3:55 PM on Sep. 7, 2010