I don't understand the point of burning Muslim Holy Books

The only thing that will do is fuel the flames and make the actual extreme muslim crazies go after the extreme christian crazies....okay nevermind. Let them have at eachother! lol Anything to eliminate the ignorant people of this world will work! Anyone else agree? Let's just hope innocent by-standers aren't affected, like our soldiers in Afghanistan.

http://news.yahoo.com/video/us-15749625/church-proposes-to-burn-qur-an-21782545

GinNTonic

Asked by GinNTonic at 4:08 PM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• He said God told him to do it

I think he should be on meds for the evil voices in his head

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 4:09 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• It's assholes like this that are gonna get us all killed! Mother fuckers!
    GinNTonic

Comment by GinNTonic (original poster) at 4:10 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• i dont want my deployed husband getting killed cause some idiot thought it was a good idea to burn a book that the same people who caused 9/11 worship!!! ugh it makes me angry.....
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 4:11 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I think it's crazy that the same people over there who are rioting because some preacher in America is going to burn the Quran are the same ones who think it's okay to burn American flags and bomb innocent civilians. I don't think the preacher should do it, because it will just fan the flames, but I think the Iranians who are rioting about it are hypocrites.

Answer by missanc at 4:13 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I don't get it either. I agree with you, I think it's only going to make things much, much worse. The media is not helping by focusing on it. I don't agree with burning ANY religion's religious text because I believe in having respect for people even if they are not of the same religion as you.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 4:15 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• That's why I say, missanc, that we should just put those idiots on an island and let them go at it until they're all dead. We don't need that garbage!
    GinNTonic

Comment by GinNTonic (original poster) at 4:15 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

Yes, they are

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 4:15 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• This is so ironic. First of all, yes, I think it's lame to burn the Quran or wear anti-islamic attire. But doesn't anyone find it ironic that we are SO protective of Islam? It just doesn't make any sense at all. Someone could burn or even Bahgavad Gita and NO ONE would care. But wait, you say, it's going to make Afghanis hate us and want to kill our troops. Um, last I checked, that was already the case. I'm not suggesting that it's a good idea to burn the Quran, I just find the double standard remarkable.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 4:19 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• It's kind of like a temper tantrum...it doesn't change anything and really only makes you look like an asshole.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 4:21 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• But doesn't anyone find it ironic that we are SO protective of Islam?

No one is "protecting Islam". Our SOLDIERS don't need the ADDED threat.....The GENERALS on the GROUND there are saying it WILL be a THREAT

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 4:21 PM on Sep. 7, 2010